Why Wrestling Is The Game Changer of Making Aikido Work

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Why Wrestling Is The Game Changer of Making Aikido Work

Postby vadaga on Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:11 am

GrahamB wrote:So why do you need Aikido? Just study wrestling....

The problem is - wrestling is too hard on the body. People can't do it after a certain age. But that's why we have BJJ ;D

And if you can't do that, don't worry. We have tai chi ;D ;D ;D

FWIW There's 'masters wrestling' in the US. I remember in highschool we had a grad to come to train with for one practice and demo technique, I think he was in his '60s. For that matter all of the team coaches (between age 30-50) were also ex-wrestlers and would often take part in practice as well although they'd leave the most strenuous parts of the training to the young people who were competing.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:16 am

Personally I'd love an old man wrestling class. You know, without the 150 push ups they usually do as part of the warm up, then again as a "cool down" ;D ;D
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby everything on Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:31 pm

lol i mean that sounds like a ton of fun for real. and yeah sorry, i can't do the 150 push ups (or all the spider man crawl in bjj class or whatnot) ....ugh...... tai chi for health class here i come un-ironically.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links