9 common errors in taiji - Damo Mitchell

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

9 common errors in taiji - Damo Mitchell

Postby cloudz on Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:36 am

Hey

this came onto my youtube feed last week and have just finished it up - yea it's almost an hour long
so watched in chunks over the last several days.

I have one of his books which I thought was good, clear and well written. Though I can't say I've been following him or anything. but I have subscribed now and will probably be watching more videos.

I did enjoy this overall, he's quite funny and I find him quite relatable. Also I couldn't find much to disagree with in the end on his 9 points.

Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Re: 9 common errors in taiji - Damo Mitchell

Postby GrahamB on Mon Mar 28, 2022 7:20 am

Can't help the feeling he's trying to overcompensate for something with his massive crystal...
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:33 am

:)
was thinking I'd seen those somewhere and recalling they cost a bomb. but hey they look pretty awesome. one day maybe when I'm a bit less of a skinflint
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Michael Babin on Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:57 am

Thanks for that link.

That was an hour well-spent and in a witty style to boot! I've taught group and private classes in Yang-style since 1985 and particularly agree with his discussion of points 8 & 9.

On the other hand [inserting tongue-in-cheek], he left out a discussion of point #10 which is the tendency in Yang-style taiji to spend more time talking about the philosophy and theory of the art and shitting on other teachers than in putting in the time and the effort to master any of the physical levels of achievement.
Last edited by Michael Babin on Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:45 am

Hey Michael, glad you enjoyed that. You may also really enjoy another guys channel I recently found (am having a bit of a personal rededication or renaissance type moment). Decided yesterday to switch back to more the kind of Yang style I did previously so I can follow this guys ideas.. see the video thread I'm posting in a few minutes. :)
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Return to Video Links