I Spent 24 Hours With Steven Seagal — Jesse Enkamp

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: I Spent 24 Hours With Steven Seagal — Jesse Enkamp

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:55 am

In all fairness, I haven't seen anything that undeniably validates Seagal's guilt or innocence, and to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't been arrested or prosecuted pursuant to the scandalous allegations made against him thus far to date. As such, I generally view such slanderous gossip as wholly distasteful, and the accompanying self-righteous attitude of moral superiority typically expressed in cancel culture to be totally repulsive. :-\

Those who regularly follow mainstream news media sources know that there is absolutely no better way to destroy anyone's reputation and career than allegations of sexual misconduct. Public figures are especially vulnerable to such attacks, since their fame and success guarantees that stories of any kind about their personal lives will automatically be considered newsworthy. Sadly, most people love seeing 'dirty laundry' about famous celebrities.

I would rather criticize absurd scenes from Seagal's films which defy credibility. One which always comes to mind, I think it was from his movie 'Hard To Kill', was a scene in which he supposedly inserted multiple acupuncture needles along both sides of his spine by himself, then affixed and lit small balls of mugwort herb to the handle of each needle for moxibustion heat treatment of his injuries, again all done by himself. :o

You don't have to be a professional acupuncturist and herbalist to know that this would be physically impossible for anyone to successfully do on their own back without assistance. This scene is completely laughable at best. Only in the movies, eh? ::)
Last edited by Doc Stier on Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:14 am

Doc Stier wrote:I would rather criticize absurd scenes from Seagal's films which defy credibility. One which always comes to mind, I think it was from his movie 'Hard To Kill', was a scene in which he supposedly inserted multiple acupuncture needles along both sides of his spine by himself, then affixed and lit small balls of mugwort herb to the handle of each needle for moxibustion heat treatment of his injuries, again all done by himself. :o

You don't have to be a professional acupuncturist and herbalist to know that this would be physically impossible for anyone to successfully do on their own back without assistance. This scene is completely laughable at best. Only in the movies, eh? ::)

Once I tried to scratch my nose when I had needles in the back of my wrist... ONCE.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:21 am

origami_itto wrote:Once I tried to scratch my nose when I had needles in the back of my wrist... ONCE.

Hahaha! Lesson learned. Did the needles talk to you? ;D
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:47 am

Doc Stier wrote:
origami_itto wrote:Once I tried to scratch my nose when I had needles in the back of my wrist... ONCE.

Hahaha! Lesson learned. Did the needles talk to you? ;D

Yeah, they said DUMBASS
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby greytowhite on Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:33 pm

Doc Stier wrote:Those who regularly follow mainstream news media sources know that there is absolutely no better way to destroy anyone's reputation and career than allegations of sexual misconduct. Public figures are especially vulnerable to such attacks, since their fame and success guarantees that stories of any kind about their personal lives will automatically be considered newsworthy. Sadly, most people love seeing 'dirty laundry' about famous celebrities.

As to whether he committed the acts, who knows? I'm just saying what I know - he went to Russia when all of that went down, did not return to the United States for a long time coinciding with that period, and missed a few of the "scheduled" trips he promised my gong fu uncle. Personally, I tend to believe survivors of sex abuse - it's so rampant in our society. How many people had to come forward for Cosby and Weinstein to receive any consequences? Rape is rarely prosecuted and yet occurs all too often. I cannot tell you how many people I've seen as fellow patients in psych hospitals who were dealing with PTSD from sexual trauma. The particular lineage transmission this line of Xingyi and Bagua is associated to comes from Maoshan and there are some very dark tendencies that can be empowered when one does not do the other work. He is obviously a man of large appetites and ego - I don't doubt it.
Practice Makes Progress
greytowhite
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links