Kristin Nieger Push Hands Video

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Kristin Nieger Push Hands Video

Postby Formosa Neijia on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:09 am

origami_itto wrote:I mean holy shit, going to Master Wong for credibility about Taijiquan for combat?

Vid was chosen intentionally. Let's see anyone on your side of things do anything remotely that good. Hell, let's see anyone on your side of things produce a student that a 4 year-old couldn't dismantle with one hand tied behind their backs. I won't hold my breath.

And thanks for the invite to your soiree. Not my cup of tea and not my area of operation. I hung out in YborCity back in the day but Tampa Bay was apparently a tougher place back then.

Have you been down to peace park, letting this teacher know he's got it wrong ?

228 Park died in 2003. Nothing worth seeing going there in years.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:34 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:
origami_itto wrote:I mean holy shit, going to Master Wong for credibility about Taijiquan for combat?

Vid was chosen intentionally. Let's see anyone on your side of things do anything remotely that good. Hell, let's see anyone on your side of things produce a student that a 4 year-old couldn't dismantle with one hand tied behind their backs. I won't hold my breath.

And thanks for the invite to your soiree. Not my cup of tea and not my area of operation. I hung out in YborCity back in the day but Tampa Bay was apparently a tougher place back then.

Have you been down to peace park, letting this teacher know he's got it wrong ?

I don't really have a "Side of things". I agree most Taijiquan is shit that misses the mark. Just ineffective qigong for the most part.

Again I can only go by my own experience, I have had no trouble handling people much larger and more muscular than me trying to do me actual physical harm in a live real-world setting even in my early days of studying Yang style. I mean at a Velvet Revolver show my boss parked me in the VIP section, pointed at a couple of literal 1%er Hell's Angels and told me to keep them in line. Slash gave me his hat to pass to them at the end of the show. We had a blast.

I mean, point being, you've got this idea in your head about how things work, and that's great, and you've been getting great results out of what you do and you're happy with it. I wouldn't try to tell you that what you're doing is worthless.

Why can you not accept that others are getting perfectly reasonable and effective results out of a different approach?

Why would you not take the opportunity to come visit 60 people that are heavily invested in this different approach and taste the fruits of their labor first hand? We even have a little Lei Tai area marked off if you want to get more aggressive.

I get that it doesn't even look like fighting to you. Personally, for me, that's part of the point. I'm not looking for a sport match situation. I want to make contact and put them down or just take control and move them where I want them to be. I only really expect to have to use the skills against friendly people also working on developing them, and random people looking for trouble in the world. I can avoid the latter most of the time. I've paid too much for my teeth and knees to put them at too much risk too often.

My point is that there's no need for your shitty attitude. It's not skillful and it reeks of insecurity. It sure as hell isn't hurting my feelings or changing my mind and it distracts from useful interactions.

Could you just, maybe, grow the fuck up and drop it?

And the Master Wong thing, it's just more of the same. Somebody who saw the outer shape of a form and thought they understood everything they needed to know about the art.

Martial Taijiquan is about taking control of the opponent at first contact, full stop. It's not this lobbing punches and kicks in from a distance hoping to get a score, it's not this back and forth, start and stop, begin and end bullshit.

If you don't understand that or don't understand what I mean, maybe you should learn a little more about authentic Taijiquan
Last edited by origami_itto on Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that jing.
"What is essential is invisible to the eye"
Have Peng, Will Travel.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:34 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:
windwalker wrote : Have you been down to peace park, letting this teacher know he's got it wrong ?

It's been awhile since I was last there.

One thing I liked about it was that it offered a variety of teachers with different practices allowing one to choose what suited their needs.

Have met people who practiced with teachers Lin's group, understanding it was different, dropped what they knew
in order to practice something they had an interest in...

would recommend anyone looking for a wide variety of practices to check it out...if its still on going..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0H_z9y3O6I&t=122s

2-28 Peace Park Taipei, Taiwan 和平公園 (he2 ping2 gong1 yuan2) - Precious' Experience
I've only been to the 2-28 Peace Park 和平公園 in Taipei a few times... but on the rare occasion that I made the 8 hour journey from Taidong to Taipei, the Peace Park Push Hands group was a must stop for me. Their push hands are excellent and they practice long and hard each day. There are a few masters that attend the Peace Park group regularly.

http://taichitaiwan.blogspot.com/2008/1 ... ping2.html
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you cannot find the truth right where you are,
where else do you expect to find it?

Dogan
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Tue Apr 26, 2022 1:13 pm

I don’t know what sort of trickery is going on in the last clip
However it is certainally trickery
To put up Wong and a bullshit Fa Jin form as examples of real tai chi is far from the mark
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:44 pm

wayne hansen wrote:I don’t know what sort of trickery is going on in the last clip
However it is certainally trickery

This one????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0H_z9y3O6I

That's some actual Taijiquan.
Have Peng, Will Travel.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:15 pm

Huang went from teaching the above to demoing stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMHed_RFWMo
It's a bunch of fake crap like breaking chopsticks, throwing 4 people at once, etc. all based on his "neigong skills." This was at a big taiji tournament. How do i know it's all fake? 2 months after he gave this performance, he taught a seminar for kids entitled "Amazing qi tricks" where he taught 4-5 year olds how to do everything he did in the demo. The taichi hippies eat this stuff up. No one wants the truth. No wonder he's on "the marital man" so much. They are all fake
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:53 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:

It's a bunch of fake crap like breaking chopsticks, throwing 4 people at once, etc. all based on his "neigong skills."

This was at a big taiji tournament.
How do i know it's all fake? 2 months after he gave this performance, he taught a seminar for kids entitled "Amazing qi tricks" where he taught 4-5 year olds how to do everything he did in the demo.

The taichi hippies eat this stuff up.

No one wants the truth. No wonder he's on "the marital man" so much.

They are all fake

And ?

Maybe those training with them or seeking the training feel differently..

Why not show either yours or others demo work that might help some
to decide on what they'er seeking or to question their own training.

No one wants the truth.

No wonder he's on "the marital man" so much.

Who is the decider of truth for another

One of the things, I liked about peace park in Taiwan and other parks in Beijing, the variety of methods, styles, taught by teachers of skill,
practiced within a small area.

Each group doing their own thing.
Last edited by windwalker on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dogan
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:34 pm

His demo of the 37 step apps are ok but it’s his Hung Gar that makes it work
Must admit I havent seen the old chopstick trick for 40 years
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:01 am

wayne hansen wrote:His demo of the 37 step apps are ok but it’s his Hung Gar that makes it work

Could be, I think I was more impressed the first time I watched it. The slinging him around at 0:18 was good stuff.

It's so hard to find the good stuff
Last edited by origami_itto on Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have Peng, Will Travel.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:04 am

windwalker wrote:
formosa neijia wrote:It's a bunch of fake crap...How do i know it's all fake? 2 months after he gave this performance, he taught a seminar for kids entitled "Amazing qi tricks" where he taught 4-5 year olds how to do everything he did in the demo.

And ? Maybe those training with them or seeking the training feel differently.

How anyone FEELS is irrelevant.

2 months after he gave this performance, he taught a seminar for kids entitled "Amazing qi tricks" where he taught 4-5 year olds how to do everything he did in the demo

Like i said, those of you on the other side don't want the truth nor do you want real training. But you will sit in endless judgment of the rest of us based on fakery. We aren't in the same universe. I just told you he taught this seminar and the response is "so?" I guess all those 4-5 year old kids with no training are all neigong masters now. They should each teach neigong courses that cost US$3k. The taiji hippies will eat it up.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:16 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:
windwalker wrote:
formosa neijia wrote:It's a bunch of fake crap...How do i know it's all fake? 2 months after he gave this performance, he taught a seminar for kids entitled "Amazing qi tricks" where he taught 4-5 year olds how to do everything he did in the demo.

And ? Maybe those training with them or seeking the training feel differently.

How anyone FEELS is irrelevant.

2 months after he gave this performance, he taught a seminar for kids entitled "Amazing qi tricks" where he taught 4-5 year olds how to do everything he did in the demo

Like i said, those of you on the other side don't want the truth nor do you want real training. But you will sit in endless judgment of the rest of us based on fakery. We aren't in the same universe. I just told you he taught this seminar and the response is "so?" I guess all those 4-5 year old kids with no training are all neigong masters now. They should each teach neigong courses that cost US$3k. The taiji hippies will eat it up.

Think how people feel about what they do is very relevant
Wasn’t aware there were sides to this discussion when did that happen

The only ones pronouncing judgment here,
are you and some others.

Why not try posting things that you or others do showing your POV
Allowing those watching to see something they might have an interest in , or maybe even
question their own practice, as to whether it accords with and meets “ their “ needs
according to “their “ truth
Last edited by windwalker on Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dogan
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:30 am

So there are "sides" now in taijiquan?

That sort of thinking (such as it is) is a big part of the reason there's so little meaningful conversation about, well, anything, really. People seem to love to group in their political mega-tribes and point to the barking moonbats on the opposite extreme as representative of why the "other side" is a bunch of idiots. It leaves very little room for nuance, and without nuance there's not really much conversation, mostly just people shouting off rooftops into the abyss.

wayne hansen wrote:His demo of the 37 step apps are ok but it’s his Hung Gar that makes it work

Are you talking about Richard Huang? If so, he's a Whooping Crane guy-- I don't think he does Hung Gar.
I was sad to see him decide he wanted to eat better and put his kids through college, or whatever his motivation was for going the mystical chi route. I liked his Crane stuff.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:18 pm

I’m sure I saw him also doing some Hung Gar when he first started posting
I know he does white crane but I think he got that from Huang H H later
I like the way the term Tai Chi Hippies is used
I am one of those but I take my tai chi and it’s application a lot more seriously than many
Teaching tai chi openly in the 70’s invited plenty of challenges from every martial art
We fought on a regular basis with kykoshinkai when Dolf (then Hans) Lundergren was a student
Some of their best fighters became my students
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:23 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:Like i said, those of you on the other side don't want the truth nor do you want real training. But you will sit in endless judgment of the rest of us based on fakery. We aren't in the same universe. I just told you he taught this seminar and the response is "so?" I guess all those 4-5 year old kids with no training are all neigong masters now. They should each teach neigong courses that cost US$3k. The taiji hippies will eat it up.

All the judgment is coming from one direction here, bud. I haven't seen anybody tell you they had a problem with your training.
The only thing I judge you on is your complete lack of manners and apparent insecurity. Paranoia perhaps? Drawing sides, imagined persecution... Do you have access to a therapist?
Have Peng, Will Travel.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby everything on Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:21 pm

Bhassler wrote:So there are "sides" now in taijiquan?

We refer you to the rules at the Super Rare Style Club Best-Practice Refresher https://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php ... 73ac288405

Take a side and bash the other club ::) :P :-\ :-[ ;D
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links