10 MMA vs TMA

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

10 MMA vs TMA

Postby gzregorz on Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:03 pm

"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Re: 10 MMA vs TMA

Postby vadaga on Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:53 am

no jibengong means you have no gongfu
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby gzregorz on Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:01 am

True that!

Not taking sides in the MMA vs TMA. I just didn't realize there were so many of these. I think the BJJ one was versus a kickboxer.

I think it all serves as a reminder to have a dose of reality from time to time. Even if it is just some light sparring with no head shots for example. At least then these masters who may well be masters will see what needs work instead of figuring it all out much too late.

I sometimes show Karate and KF people some of my power training and because it isn't what they learn they are close minded to it. But that's okay. At some point they may get into a real fight or hopefully just a polite challenge then realize that forms alone aren't enough.

It's a sad situation.
"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy." - Friedrich Nietzsche
gzregorz
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:17 am

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:44 am

origami_itto wrote:

The Sakuraba vs Gracies matches around the turn of the century in Pride came immediately to mind.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:11 am

vadaga wrote:The Sakuraba vs Gracies matches around the turn of the century in Pride came immediately to mind.

Here was the final nail in the coffin.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby vadaga on Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:34 am

yeah though they banned such maneuvers from later UFC rules... daki age (raising someone to shoulder height) also was ippon back in the day but now also not allowed in judo if I remember rightly?
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:40 am

vadaga wrote:yeah though they banned such maneuvers from later UFC rules... daki age (raising someone to shoulder height) also was ippon back in the day but now also not allowed in judo if I remember rightly?

But you see, though...

The whole thing with the Gracies was their absolute superiority due to Vale Tudo. The more rules that are imposed for safety the less integrity the contest has.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's stupid to do in the first place.

But if you're holding something up as the gold standard it needs to be what's keeping its exponent safe, not the rules and the ref.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Return to Video Links