The Power of Chi The Movie

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: The Power of Chi The Movie

Postby windwalker on Sat May 14, 2022 9:31 am

Appledog wrote:
Rules:
1. Casually drop Adam Mizner's name during an intro evaluation, and how you teach chi 'just like in the movie'.
2. Mention that all his friends call him the Miz at some point. Never refer to him by any other name.
3. Always choose the newest student to push hands with in front of the entire class and pray something magical happens.
4. Film everything. Condense your clips down into those two to thee minutes where people go flying everywhere. Post to all social media outlets.
5. "Famous teachersstudents produce famous studentsteachers". If you get a celebrity student, patronize them in hopes of a movie deal.
6. Make sure there are trained dogs in the movie which snuggle up to you and lick your arm after you toss people around to diffuse any triggering caused by the depiction of physical contact.
7. Carefully invest your money, you have arrived.

Tell me the truth, you as well as I would have signed that contract immediately. I'm actually happy for Mizner. If I ever met him I would want to shake his hand. You may see a lot of copycats coming very soon. Overall I really do think this is a good thing. But it is also very entertaining on the whole :)

Are you a purveyor of taiji truth ?
Others following a different way, referred to as Dogs

Interesting reading the post for those attributing a motive for someone most have never met or know nothing about.

the clip reminded me very much of

The Mystery of Chi

https://billmoyers.com/content/the-mystery-of-chi/
done many yrs ago...
Last edited by windwalker on Sat May 14, 2022 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you cannot find the truth right where you are,
where else do you expect to find it?

Dogan
windwalker
Wuji

Postby everything on Sat May 14, 2022 10:08 am

Lyoto Machida, Fabricio Werdum, and the worlds strongest man are dogs? Lol
Last edited by everything on Sat May 14, 2022 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat May 14, 2022 12:23 pm

everything wrote:Lyoto Machida, Fabricio Werdum, and the worlds strongest man are dogs? Lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2teSkWlgtE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UzYUIxrv24

Are these the same people,,,some are referring to as dogs :P

maybe someone else with the same names :-\

Dogan
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Sat May 14, 2022 12:59 pm

Woof! Woof! I hear some barking in the thread. Not surprised at all.

The dogs are Miz's sycophants in his videos not Machida, Shaw, BBJ BB guy, Morgan Freeman, etc. Those are paid shills, which is blatantly obvious. Appledog was pretty clear.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Sat May 14, 2022 1:43 pm

Maybe I'm dense but I thought he was referring to the actual dog that was licking his hand.
It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that jing.
"What is essential is invisible to the eye"
Have Peng, Will Travel.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Sat May 14, 2022 1:52 pm

origami_itto wrote:Maybe I'm dense but I thought he was referring to the actual dog that was licking his hand.

Some dogs have four feet, some have two
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Sat May 14, 2022 1:59 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:
origami_itto wrote:Maybe I'm dense but I thought he was referring to the actual dog that was licking his hand.

Some dogs have four feet, some have two

I prefer to recognize the divinity in my fellow humans, despite the useless nonsense they cling to like a decorator crab adorning his shell.
Have Peng, Will Travel.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Sat May 14, 2022 3:00 pm

windwalker wrote:Others following a different way, referred to as Dogs

Formosa Neijia wrote:Woof! Woof! I hear some barking in the thread. Not surprised at all.

The dogs are Miz's sycophants in his videos not Machida, Shaw, BBJ BB guy, Morgan Freeman, etc. Those are paid shills, which is blatantly obvious. Appledog was pretty clear.

Hahahahahaha! No! That is not what I meant at all. I was referring to a secondary clip (from the movie) which I thought everyone had seen. In the clip Adam Mizner is lying down on a short stone wall or park bench in a lazy monk pose and people (the guy in the light blue shirt in one of the clips) is running up to him and grabbing his arm then getting thrown back. Then there are some dogs (which show the ticks of trained dogs) which come up to Miz and put their paw on him and snuggle up to him. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. But it appears the video has been deleted or removed from the channel, because it is no longer there (and the clips playlist shows 14 deleted videos -- many more than the 10 available on the channel).

I am sure the clip will pop up at some point again and I'll post it here to show you. Or has someone else also seen it?
Last edited by Appledog on Sat May 14, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sat May 14, 2022 3:46 pm

Appledog wrote:

Formosa Neijia wrote:Woof! Woof! I hear some barking in the thread. Not surprised at all.

Hahahahahaha! No! That is not what I meant at all. I was referring to a secondary clip (from the movie) which I thought everyone had seen. In the clip Adam Mizner is lying down on a short stone wall or park bench in a lazy monk pose and people (the guy in the light blue shirt in one of the clips) is running up to him and grabbing his arm then getting thrown back. Then there are some dogs (which show the ticks of trained dogs) which come up to Miz and put their paw on him and snuggle up to him. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen. But it appears the video has been deleted or removed from the channel, because it is no longer there (and the clips playlist shows 14 deleted videos -- many more than the 10 available on the channel).

I am sure the clip will pop up at some point again and I'll post it here to show you. Or has someone else also seen it?

There's a moment in the clip posted here where the dogs come over
Have Peng, Will Travel.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Sat May 14, 2022 4:00 pm

origami_itto wrote:
Appledog wrote:

There's a moment in the clip posted here where the dogs come over

On facebook here.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sat May 14, 2022 4:41 pm

@ marvin8,

Thanks, puts things in context...

Really don't understand some of the comments made.
He can connect with out being in a vertical "standing" position

"problem". :P

Although maybe done for different reasons, they illustrate the same principles at work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-_qR-sP9js

The clip posted The Power of Chi, The Movie has very much the same feel like The Mystery of Chi

made in February 22, 1993 by Bill Moyers

https://billmoyers.com/content/the-mystery-of-chi/

Dogan
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Sun May 15, 2022 7:33 am

So did I, but whatever. ::)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sun May 15, 2022 7:37 am

Oh lol, sorry, maybe I’m dense.

Not sure I even noticed a dog LOL
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Sun May 15, 2022 7:45 am

Doc Stier wrote:

So did I, but whatever. ::)

The OP clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4YV8meynKc

Feel free to point out where the dogs are...didn't see them...could be there ya never know ;)

As to the clip in in general.

It's misleading in that he is not generating any power, kind of the point. :P
He's directing the power that's been generated against him, which is why most tend not to feel the source of power.

It's them ;D

There are inner changes and perceptions "ting jin" that are needed to allow "it" work

The clip showing the dogs, later posted...the connection point is not that good...he
has to do it a little differently... "the body is the hand" as most understand
but may not really know what it means....

For the unin initiated what is billed as a "power" can be used a major selling point for those in the business attracting those seeking power.
for those able to do, or understand what he's doing, he does have skill.

And using it to support his practice, just as other past masters have done before
him, finding patrons to support their practices.
Last edited by windwalker on Sun May 15, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dogan
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Sun May 15, 2022 7:49 am

everything wrote:Oh lol, sorry, maybe I’m dense.

Not sure I even noticed a dog LOL

Haha! C'mon, man, try to keep up with what's going on in the background of the video where Adam is lying down. ;D

At the end of the day, those who are well liked by animals, small children, and elderly people can't be all bad. Just saying! ;)
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun May 15, 2022 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links