Power of Chi - Rob

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Power of Chi - Rob

Postby windwalker on Wed May 18, 2022 8:14 am

cloudz wrote:I can live with that kind of thing.

This is something else though. Using his fingers to push a guy - and clearly the people chosen for this film are chosen intentionally to signal a certain message.

It's just reduces things to a cheap and shoddy circus act. and for what, no more than commercial success.
Personally i find that a shame and shameful. Not for me and it doesn't represent my sort of standards for conduct - ethics.
That matters too.

Would really disagree,,,,

There is a lot documentation explaining the use of the fingers and why

Its along the same lines as some teachers using other objects twig , paper or anything to demo the same thing...

Quite correct none of what is shown as shown at the level shown is meant for combative usage although they're portrayed in that context coming from a historical context of combative training.

The usage part, is another type of training...that not many really pursue...

If one looks at all teaches using this method,,,they all tend to do the same demos showing the same things....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-SM-AulBuU

Visited this teacher awhile back... with some of my students from the US Taiwan born,,,talking to the teacher...
Off line, chatting with some of his students. were a little surprised when I could cause the same reactions in them as their teacher did, only to a lesser degree..

Like Rob's work...and the clip made....
Just pointing out the way something is shown is
not necessarily the way its done...
or why :)
Last edited by windwalker on Wed May 18, 2022 7:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Wed May 18, 2022 8:43 am

it's not 'the trick' in of itself that is in question - that's what you don't seem to be getting.

personally speaking i haven't needed any specific 'finger training' (or its theory) to be able to reproduce that situation; that's the crux of what RobP was trying to explain I think. Or similar. Maybe you don't think it matters, but clearly plenty of us do think it matters..
Last edited by cloudz on Wed May 18, 2022 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed May 18, 2022 8:55 am

cloudz wrote:it's not 'the trick' in of itself that is in question - that's what you don't seem to be getting.

personally speaking i haven't needed any specific 'finger training' (or its theory) to be able to reproduce that situation; that's the crux of what RobP was trying to explain I think. Or similar. Maybe you don't think it matters, but clearly plenty of us do think it matters..

While we may agree to disagree :)

I would say something that looks the same, doesn't necessarily mean it's done in the same way.

With Rob's practice in his art, used to feel a lot of the things shown by his teachers were based on the same things
as those I've experienced and worked on..

Rob, made it very clear that it was not....
If thats the case why does he now feel that what looks the same as in his demo, is done using the same method
as what Adam, used in his demo .. :)
Last edited by windwalker on Wed May 18, 2022 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby D_Glenn on Wed May 18, 2022 8:59 am

Last edited by D_Glenn on Thu May 19, 2022 5:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed May 18, 2022 9:04 am

Energy is issued from your spine. How can energy issue from your spine? It sinks downward, going from your shoulders, gathering in your spine, and concentrates in your waist. This energy going from above to below is called “contracting”. Then it goes from your waist to your spine, spreading to your arms to be applied at your fingers.

https://brennantranslation.wordpress.co ... un-lutang/

Disclaimer: I cannot do that. But it sounds like most people on here cannot and further do not even know they should work toward that. If you have an idea of what it is and reject it for whatever reason, hey it's ok.

Here's the "strawman" I'll attack in a vain hope it gives some other self-aware beginner some clarification: yi->someone throws himself as training->fascia->talk about qi as some weird translation issue. If that is the correct approach, would they say yi->qi->jin?
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Wed May 18, 2022 9:55 am

Ian C. Kuzushi wrote:
Doc Stier wrote:When all is said and done, online marketing and promotion is an equal opportunity business. Anyone who chooses to produce interesting and informative YouTube videos, e-books, online instruction courses, etc, coupled with live seminars and workshops, can potentially create the same level of fame and fortune as Adam Mizner or a host of others have.

Thus, imo, the best way to expose or discredit those that you, whoever you are, may dislike or disapprove of is simply to create your own alternative offering for potential buyers to compare with what's already available online.

I look forward to seeing what you create. Good luck, and may The Force be with you. :)

Ah, the old bootstrap theory. It makes about as much sense used in this way as it does when people argue that everyone has an equal shot at becoming a millionaire. Which is to say: it doesn't track.

While I can appreciate the counter critiques of cult leaders (not a rare thing in IMA, and I don't really mean it in a completely derogatory way here), this particular argument falls flat in my estimation.

Agree with this. and let's add that very, very few people understand social media, what it does, how it works, etc. Certain ideas are deemed and have been in the past deemed extremely dangerous while others were allowed to flourish and outsiders always think this was simply random chance and it rarely is. People are lead around by their noses more now that any time in history and we're seeing it in nearly every sphere thanks to social media control.

This idea is akin to "if you don't like Twitter then go build your own" because people don't understand what's going on behind the scenes.

Until you've had your content directly suppressed (this personally happened to me) while watching others with ZERO QUALIFICATIONS go viral you can't really fully grasp what you're up against. The deck is stacked against you so take that into account.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Wed May 18, 2022 10:27 am

windwalker wrote:[
With Rob's practice in his art, used to feel a lot of the things shown by his teachers were based on the same things
as those I've experienced and worked on..

Rob, made it very clear that it was not....
If thats the case why does he now feel that what looks the same as in his demo, is done using the same method
as what Adam, used in his demo .. :)

The assumption being that what is shown by him, was done in the same way as demoed by you...
was it ?

Because in the demo I'm using the same art and method that Mizner uses, not Systema. And yes, it was the same. Even if it wasn't,
I showed Matt how to do it in ten seconds - so what does that say about this particular "skill?" It says that it is basic bio-mechanics.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Wed May 18, 2022 10:42 am

RobP3 wrote:
Because in the demo I'm using the same art and method that Mizner uses, not Systema. And yes, it was the same. Even if it wasn't,
I showed Matt how to do it in ten seconds - so what does that say about this particular "skill?" It says that it is basic bio-mechanics.

It only says that you feel its the same, although you acknowledge it might not be....

As to the skill, and what it shows....kinda depends on how its done no ?
And those there and others viewing it...

Same "art" ? There are different lines of Yang taiji,
by different masters focusing or specializing in different aspects.

This specialization becomes more evident over the following generation of teachers and their focuses
Even the sons, of YLC were said to have very different approaches ....

Part of the reason why the "yang family" separates their "family" art from what is commonly referred to as "yang style taiji"

Liked your clip, and argument presented, well reasoned :)

What was demoed by Adam, and many other teachers showing similar demos,
are of a skill demoed as part of an approach to training..

If one really wanted to test their assumption, seems like it would have to be with someone who has
felt Adams, work....seeing if they agree it's the same...
Last edited by windwalker on Wed May 18, 2022 11:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Wed May 18, 2022 12:32 pm

Seems like some here want to keep the con job going
Rob showed it clearly but others still look for reasons to believe
So sad and the reason internal arts will soon be dead
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Wed May 18, 2022 1:30 pm

windwalker wrote:It only says that you feel its the same, although you acknowledge it might not be....
As to the skill, and what it shows....kinda depends on how its done no ?
And those there and others viewing it...
If one really wanted to test their assumption, seems like it would have to be with someone who has felt Adams, work....seeing if they agree it's the same...

Getting really sick and tired of hearing this.
As Rob has said, HE TAUGHT AN UNTRAINED PERSON TO DO THIS IN :10, WHICH PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!?
It is completely, utterly worthless. No, it doesn't matter how it's done. It doesn't matter what BS lineage is doing it.
Adding bells and whistles to it doesn't change the fact that it's still BS. Talk about ancient nonsense, still BS.

wayne hansen wrote:Seems like some here want to keep the con job going
Rob showed it clearly but others still look for reasons to believe
So sad and the reason internal arts will soon be dead

Yes, some really do and it seems like that was their purpose from the start. Notice how they pester you for clips illustrating every point you make and they produce none themselves.

Kudos again to Rob for showing this. It's blatantly obvious and I'm glad he stepped up to the plate.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed May 18, 2022 1:54 pm

haha big letters,,,

ok :)

In Adams clip they were also untrained,,,,

He was teaching and showing them how to do it, by allowing them to feel it....
problem ?

Looked like those there were having a good time, feeling something they've only
heard about, asked to be part of a clip showing the results....

I'm sure any one of them could comment after
the clip had they felt something was not portrayed as it happened. Wouldn't they

Rob is stepping up to the plate,,, because ?

He doesn't teach taiji, according to him, the method could be different...

He taught someone as did Adam, allowing them to feel something,
question it, and then go on to see how its done..

kinda the normal course of events no ?

Do you think Adam, cares what someone teaching Systema does, or thinks...

Don't see him posting clips showing what they do, and then claiming its how it's done...
and its no big deal...

In fact, don't see any of those in clips posted, commenting on others work, only for the most part demoing their own work for
those interested.?

It's not like they'er coming here to post clips, or advertise their work... :P

Liked Rob's clip thought it was straight forward expressing his views...mine happen to be different...
Last edited by windwalker on Wed May 18, 2022 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed May 18, 2022 1:57 pm

"Looked like those there were having a good time, feeling something they've only
heard about, asked to be part of a clip showing the results...."

*COUGH COUGH* Asked to be part? "Paid to be there" more like...
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Wed May 18, 2022 2:02 pm

GrahamB wrote:"Looked like those there were having a good time, feeling something they've only
heard about, asked to be part of a clip showing the results...."

*COUGH COUGH* Asked to be part? "Paid to be there" more like...

donno, do you :-\

Does being paid to be there also include going along with the program ?

not into assigning "motive" only commenting on the clips..and work shown...

looked like a good time... :)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Wed May 18, 2022 2:07 pm

You know films have Producers and Directors
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Wed May 18, 2022 11:31 pm

One does not simply post on RSF.