Power of Chi - Rob

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Power of Chi - Rob

Postby windwalker on Fri May 20, 2022 8:22 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:
windwalker wrote:
RobP3 wrote:Because he isn't using "qi power" he's using body mechanics.

You can't redefine it using your own terminology to fit your assertion on motive.

Yes, you certainly can. If you can reproduce the results then you get to point out what's doing it. All this BS marketing with mystical mumbo-jumbo is window dressing to make it seem impressive and it isn't. The proof is in the pudding and Rob got an untrained person to do it in :10. Saying it comes from fairy dust or unicorn juice or crystal power doesn't change it at all.

ALL your clips that you spam this board with non-stop are fake. They aren't high level anything, they are fake. And this has been clearly demonstrated.

How can RobP3, claim someone is not using something "Qi" that he doesn't believe in ?

Do you ?

If so,,,how should it look ?
windwalker
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Fri May 20, 2022 8:31 am

windwalker wrote:How can RobP3, claim someone is not using something "Qi" that he doesn't believe in ?

That's your most bizarre statement yet. I noticed that once again you tell me what I do or what I think and base your argument on that.
How can I claim someone is not using something that I don't believe in??
I'm still trying to unpack that. No, actually I'm not, life's too short.

The points in my clip still stand. No magic force involved, just mechanics and psychology. Humans cannot produce enough "energy" to physically move people in such a way.
Last edited by RobP3 on Fri May 20, 2022 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri May 20, 2022 8:43 am

RobP3 wrote:
windwalker wrote:How can RobP3, claim someone is not using something "Qi" that he doesn't believe in ?

That's your most bizarre statement yet. I noticed that once again you tell me what I do or what I think and base your argument on that.
How can I claim someone is not using something that I don't believe in??
I'm still trying to unpack that. No, actually I'm not, life's too short.

The points in my clip still stand. No magic force involved, just mechanics and psychology.

Humans cannot produce enough "energy" to physically move people in such a way.

It is interesting

You make a statement, "Because he isn't using "qi power" he's using body mechanics."

What is the "Qi" power that he is not using...how should it look if he was...

The ability to reproduce the same effect does not donate the process used by which effect was produced.

Which is why, the receiving person of said effect, would be the one to determine if they felt it was the same....

kind of illustrates the point...You don't know the theory by which its said to work, otherwise you and others would understand

what is affected is the "Qi" which causes the reactions that people have,,,it's not physical...
the reactions to what they feel are,,,

there are levels of contact the process is the same...

don't understand the concern over such a small part of a much lager demo illustrating concepts, that for the most part many don't believe.

ok... :P

at any rate as you say

life is short...
Last edited by windwalker on Fri May 20, 2022 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Fri May 20, 2022 8:43 am

Always interesting to see what people IMA attracts :D
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Fri May 20, 2022 8:45 am

Personally I like my hotdogs with mustard and fried onions :D
Quigga

Postby Formosa Neijia on Fri May 20, 2022 9:21 am

windwalker wrote:How can RobP3, claim someone is not using something "Qi" that he doesn't believe in ?,,,how should it look ? What is the "Qi" power that he is not using...how should it look if he was...kind of illustrates the point...You don't know the theory by which its said to work, otherwise you and others would understand

So unless you're heavily personally invested/up to your chin in bullshit, you aren't allowed to critique said bullshit unless you use bullshit theory and then you're only allowed to reach one conclusion. Nice little circle jerk you got going there. You have NO ARGUMENT at all. it's not up to us to prove qi power or use the theory. Rob's using an untrained person to replicate the results shows THE THEORY IS BULLSHIT. And all of you that bought into this are being lied to. It's a scam.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby windwalker on Fri May 20, 2022 9:32 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:
windwalker wrote:How can RobP3, claim someone is not using something "Qi" that he doesn't believe in ?,,,how should it look ? What is the "Qi" power that he is not using...how should it look if he was...kind of illustrates the point...You don't know the theory by which its said to work, otherwise you and others would understand

So unless you're heavily personally invested/up to your chin in bullshit, you aren't allowed to critique said bullshit unless you use bullshit theory and then you're only allowed to reach one conclusion. Nice little circle jerk you got going there. You have NO ARGUMENT at all. it's not up to us to prove qi power or use the theory. Rob's using an untrained person to replicate the results shows THE THEORY IS BULLSHIT. And all of you that bought into this are being lied to. It's a scam.

good to know :)

To be clear,,,Its not my theory,,,it is a theory, one that I happen to use as a base for my practice...
Others having the same type of practices use the same theory....

If I happen to be incorrect, would be good to know on the basis of the theory...

"意氣為君,骨肉為臣"。意氣和骨肉,不是半斤八兩(過去的秤16 兩為一斤) ,不是"平起平坐"的 關係。意氣是統治者、領導者、支配者;骨肉是被統治者、領導者、被支配者。
Yi and Qi are the most important (君 ­ Emperor), bones and muscles are secondary (臣 ­ minister). Yi, Qi and bones and muscles do not have the same roles, and do not have equal relationship. Yi and Qi are the ruler, leader, and commander.

The bones and muscles listen to the ruler and leader, and follow the commands. { Translator: In Chinese, an emperor gives the command, the ministers carries out the task. The emperor must trust the ministers and not micromanage, and the ministers must not do outside of the emperor's wishes. }

some of the theory, is it correct ? :)
Last edited by windwalker on Fri May 20, 2022 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Michael Babin on Fri May 20, 2022 9:32 am

Rob did a great job on that short video and you can deny his points all you like but I find them valid. Any serious practitoner of taiji as a martial systme should train to overcome their insecurities and wishful thinking; not turn them into idols. That's one old guy's opinion when it comes to any kind of internal two-person training.

On the other hand, if you were raised in that culture, feel free to believe in the traditional aspects of qi. There are lots of good reasons to do qigong, and taiji and all the other internal forms and methods; but most of the time, these days, developing martial ability is a loss cause.

Fortunately, fighting and martial stuff is only relevant if you need to defend yourself and, if that is forced upon you, the will to fight, strength and speed and a good deal of experience in that kind of stuff is more useful than most of the nonsense posted on social media by well-meaning [sometimes crooked] taiji practitioners.

Having said that, it's also true that there is a lot of pleasure to be had from training with people and refining whatever understanding you may develop of body mechanics and human psychology by learning to become more and more connected and subtle in how you apply such methods. It's also going to attract a lot more paying customers than telling middle-aged and middle-class people. "First, you hit me and then I hit you and we go from there." [Is there an emoticon for being half-serious? he wrote, half-seriously]

There's no room for superstition and wishful thinking in taijiquan and I know that's true because a pair of Ravens whispered it to me when I was doing sword form last night under the full moon!
My Website [with a link to my Youtube Channel] https://sites.google.com/view/mbtaiji/home
Michael Babin
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri May 20, 2022 9:36 am

As to what looks the same....but may not be

Zen in the art of archery

The very first shot I let off after the recommencement of the lessons was, to my mind, a brilliant success. The loose was smooth, unexpected. T
he Master looked at me for a while and then said hesitantly, like one who can scarcely believe his eyes:

" Once again, please! " My second shot seemed to me even better than the first.

The Master stepped up to me without a word, took the bow from my hand, and sat down on a cushion,
his back towards me. I knew what that meant, and withdrew.

The next day Mr. Komachiya informed me that the Master declined to instruct me any further because I had tried to cheat him.
Horrified beyond measure by this interpretation of my behaviour,

I explained to Mr. Komachiya why, in order to avoid marking time forever,

I had hit upon this method of loosing the shot.

On his interceding for me, the Master was finally prepared to give in,

https://kufudokan.org.au/documents/zen- ... rchery.pdf

The same as in taiji, IME,,,,if its not important for ones own practice,,,no big deal...If one wants to interact with others who feel it is,,,it may be an issue...
Last edited by windwalker on Fri May 20, 2022 10:15 am, edited 3 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Fri May 20, 2022 9:37 am

Who says there is anything to prove

I hear sounds of an argument about the taste of someone's cooking based on looking at their home cooking vid - maybe even professionally produced

Go taste it in real life yourself

Maybe some humility and respect towards other practitioners of our Kung Fu family?

I don't see Adam coming on here and trying to devalue other's practices

Either way: :D
Quigga

Postby RobP3 on Fri May 20, 2022 9:41 am

Quigga wrote:Who says there is anything to prove

I hear sounds of an argument about the taste of someone's cooking based on looking at their home cooking vid - maybe even professionally produced

Maybe some humility and respect towards other practitioners of our Kung Fu family?

Well, the people who put money into making a film proving the existence of "secret chi power, I guess?

Have done. Unless you are telling me this guy has invented his own style and methods?

He'd be welcome to try, why not?
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Fri May 20, 2022 9:45 am

windwalker wrote:
RobP3 wrote:

It is interesting

You make a statement, "Because he isn't using "qi power" he's using body mechanics."
What is the "Qi" power that he is not using...how should it look if he was...

The ability to reproduce the same effect does not donate the process used by which effect was produced.

kind of illustrates the point...You don't know the theory by which its said to work, otherwise you and others would understand
what is affected is the "Qi" which causes the reactions that people have,,,it's not physical...the reactions to what they feel are,,,

Not very, tbh
What is the qi power he is not using? Another strange question. How should it look if he was? It would look like the other person not moving at all.

Ah right, so his qi is affecting the other person's qi and their own qi is making them move. Yep, that makes sense now. I'm surprised he needs contact in that case.
Again you are telling me what I do or don't know and do lol.
You are right, it is not physical, at least some aspects, it is psychological
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Quigga on Fri May 20, 2022 9:53 am

RobP3 wrote:
Quigga wrote:Who says there is anything to prove

Well, the people who put money into making a film proving the existence of "secret chi power, I guess?

Have done. Unless you are telling me this guy has invented his own style and methods?

He'd be welcome to try, why not?

Since when did a movie prove the existence of anything...

And the creator of Shark Nado is trying to fortify his thesis that swirling aquatic predator storms exist :D

Look, the reasons for making the movie can be manifold. If he's doing it for personal profit, great - more students for me since he's creating publicity

Brian Shaw and the power lifting crowd can be good students as Dr. K. F. on here found out

With whom have you done it? I think it would be more appropriate to talk about those people one has actually touched hands with. Else it's impolite

Don't know if Adam created his own system. His own structure of knowledge and understanding, for sure

Who would be welcome to try what? ;D
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Fri May 20, 2022 9:54 am

Don't we all like to tell people what they know and don't know on here :D
Quigga

Postby origami_itto on Fri May 20, 2022 9:59 am

It's what, a week later and we've produced response videos and slung insults and meanwhile he's training and counting money and signing up new students for his courses...

Yeah, it was a horrible video.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links