Power of Chi - Rob

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Power of Chi - Rob

Postby Trip on Mon May 16, 2022 5:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWWNguvdypo

I enjoyed your video

Thank you! :)
Last edited by Trip on Mon May 16, 2022 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trip
Wuji

Re: Power of Chi - Rob

Postby wayne hansen on Mon May 16, 2022 5:18 pm

Yes
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby robert on Mon May 16, 2022 6:21 pm

Two thumbs up.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon May 16, 2022 8:41 pm

Our mythology is based on our biology
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Formosa Neijia on Tue May 17, 2022 7:48 am

This could be my last post here as some on the board seems to want to protect certain people from scrutiny. But Morgan Freeman's IMDB DOES NOT list "The Power of Qi" anywhere. Perhaps we soon won't be able to ask questions like this as this is seen as "slandering people" but here's the link:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000151/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

There is also this: https://www.techeblog.com/morgan-freeman-deepfake-ai/

And i agree about Rob's video, it's a good takedown of someone and his method that needs a lot of scrutiny.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Tue May 17, 2022 7:59 am

Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Tue May 17, 2022 8:09 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:This could be my last post here as some on the board seems to want to protect certain people from scrutiny.

hopefully not
Last edited by cloudz on Tue May 17, 2022 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue May 17, 2022 8:13 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:This could be my last post here as some on the board seems to want to protect certain people from scrutiny. But Morgan Freeman's IMDB DOES NOT list "The Power of Qi" anywhere. Perhaps we soon won't be able to ask questions like this as this is seen as "slandering people" but here's the link:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000151/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

There is also this: https://www.techeblog.com/morgan-freeman-deepfake-ai/

And i agree about Rob's video, it's a good takedown of someone and his method that needs a lot of scrutiny.

You gotta admit, deepfaking Morgan Freeman and making a feature length documentary would be a pretty ballsy move, lmfao.
I'm pretty sure that an unauthorized use of his likeness, which includes voice, in a documentary film, would open up the producer to an unimaginable amount of damages in a lawsuit.
If that theory tracks, it would be the absolute ruin of the people involved.
If not, then all the haters latching on to the theory are (let's face it they won't think back on this with any sort of shame since consistency isn't the point) going to look pretty foolish.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Tue May 17, 2022 8:21 am

Adam must be going for the mass market with a 2.0 course
enjoying the breakdown Rob
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue May 17, 2022 8:58 am

Rob - great video!

Dave - don't go. It would tip the RSF lunatic/sane scales even further in the wrong direction.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Tue May 17, 2022 9:07 am

When all is said and done, online marketing and promotion is an equal opportunity business. Anyone who chooses to produce interesting and informative YouTube videos, e-books, online instruction courses, etc, coupled with live seminars and workshops, can potentially create the same level of fame and fortune as Adam Mizner or a host of others have.

Thus, imo, the best way to expose or discredit those that you, whoever you are, may dislike or disapprove of is simply to create your own alternative offering for potential buyers to compare with what's already available online.

I look forward to seeing what you create. Good luck, and may The Force be with you. :)
Last edited by Doc Stier on Tue May 17, 2022 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Tue May 17, 2022 9:23 am

IMO, the basic principles and methods of "internal arts" are very simplistic and it's the same principles that should be used in an advanced manner.

Think of this: the basic principle for any instrument is extremely simplistic. You press something, hit something, blow into something. Anyone can do it. But organizing your own movements into a smooth flow, making fast transitions and changes in a very controlled and specific manner, hitting the right tones and control the tones in a flow of movements, is something that takes time and effort to learn. Anyone can play with a piano or a violin. Playing them as a professional is something completely different. One takes seconds to understand. To become a real expert in the other thing takes 4-6 hours a day for 10 to 20 years.

So you shouldn’t really confuse the most basic use of a principle with the advanced use of the same principle.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby SCMT on Tue May 17, 2022 1:31 pm

Trip wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWWNguvdypo

I enjoyed your video

Thank you! :)

Did Taijiquan for many many years with a teacher who trained for many many years in China before coming to the USA and he has never ever even once talked about the power of Qi. He is however great at staying relaxed, taking your balance, and making you fall on the floor.

I liked that video, thanks
Train with intent
SCMT
Anjing

Postby Trip on Tue May 17, 2022 4:06 pm

Formosa Neijia wrote:...Morgan Freeman's IMDB DOES NOT list "The Power of Qi" anywhere.

I don’t want to further derail this thread
But there seems to be a misunderstanding on IMDB’s importance and how it works.

Thousands of legitimate credits are missing from IMDB
Sometimes films listed on IMDB are only a partial list of who is actually in the film.
(A Producer, Writer, Actor, Crewman, etc., might not be listed on IMDB.)
Happens all the time

In other words, just because a film is released, doesn’t automatically mean it’s on IMDB.
So, just because the Morgan Freeman credit for Mizner’s movie is not on IMDB—is not proof that he did or didn’t work on the film.

A films production team, or Freeman’s team, a studio, an IMDB member, etc. has to submit a credit claim to IMDB.
Then IMDB investigates validity and posts it.
Trip
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue May 17, 2022 4:43 pm

Trip wrote:
Formosa Neijia wrote:...Morgan Freeman's IMDB DOES NOT list "The Power of Qi" anywhere.

I don’t want to further derail this thread
But there seems to be a misunderstanding on IMDB’s importance and how it works.

Thousands of legitimate credits are missing from IMDB
Sometimes films listed on IMDB are only a partial list of who is actually in the film.
(A Producer, Writer, Actor, Crewman, etc., might not be listed on IMDB.)
Happens all the time

In other words, just because a film is released, doesn’t automatically mean it’s on IMDB.
So, just because the Morgan Freeman credit for Mizner’s movie is not on IMDB—is not proof that he did or didn’t work on the film.

A films production team, or Freeman’s team, a studio, an IMDB member, etc. has to submit a credit claim to IMDB.
Then IMDB investigates validity and posts it.

Yeah the film itself isn't on IMDb so there's no way for it to be cross referenced.

Using an AI to impersonate a celebrity's voice on a film with this apparent production value is almost as stupid as thinking someone with, if nothing else, Mizner's business acumen would do it

I mean say what you like about his teaching, the market says it's highly valued. Instead of focusing on what he's doing wrong I think folks might want to look at what he's doing right and learn something.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Next

Return to Video Links