Kungfu Master of 4+ Arts (3 taiji) Challenges MMA (1 Year)

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Kungfu Master of 4+ Arts (3 taiji) Challenges MMA (1 Year)

Postby marvin8 on Fri May 27, 2022 8:08 am

Fight Commentary Breakdowns
May 27, 2022

Kungfu Master of more than four styles (apparently) challenges an MMA hobbyist. This is both fighter's first time in the ring. The Kungfu guy is named Zhu Chun Ping (朱春平) and the MMA hobbyist is named Yu Qiu Sheng (literally "Begging to live Yu"). So let's see if this master of three Tai Chi styles and one kungfu style can use his skills aginst an MMA hobbyist. Master Zhu's resume claims he knows a lot about martial arts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOyl17cC7G0

格鬥故事
Mar 5, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0ZN0El_51w
Last edited by marvin8 on Fri May 27, 2022 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Kungfu Master of 4+ Arts (3 taiji) Challenges MMA (1 Year)

Postby cloudz on Fri May 27, 2022 8:52 am

oh dear the same thing keeps happening to these guys doesn't it.
goes to show it doesn't matter how much you know.. if you don't get out there and train for fighting like fighters do, you just don't have a chance.
and really you 'know' nothing. all the talk of jin and whatnot is meaningless.

just that this guy had the belief is still astonishing; if he had gone and tried sparring in a gym he wouldn't have had to find out in this embarrassing way - for him and the TCMA he claims to 'represent'.. honestly these morons are slowly making TCMA a joke in the public eye surely.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Sat May 28, 2022 5:30 am

cloudz wrote:oh dear the same thing keeps happening to these guys doesn't it.
goes to show it doesn't matter how much you know.. if you don't get out there and train for fighting like fighters do, you just don't have a chance.

While you are right, you have also been hoodwinked. I looked this up in chinese. The fight is over four years old— as shown by the exact same video being all over youtube and other sites. Further and as usual 朱春平 doesn’t seem to exist anywhere outside of these videos. And as it turns out this is not a mma hobbyist but someone with a fight record. And there is a 20+ year age difference.

It was a setup. Another apparently noname sifu who obviously is not a kungfu master (kicks are limp— plz) going up against someone who likely trains more than he does both inside and outside the ring and who has a fight record.

This video meant nothing 5 years ago and it means nothing today. MMA will never admit CMA is superior until you see it is by someone coming up in the system with a fight record. But the way this works is you get put against people eventually who will beat you up which is somewhat against the idea of kungfu training in a safe way. So you have to adapt. I’m sure kungfu can adapt. Just do it, as they say. If that’s your bag.
Last edited by Appledog on Sat May 28, 2022 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Sat May 28, 2022 5:38 am

CMA is worthless for fighting, definitely don't study it. Nothing for you there. Whoever you are that is reading this
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Sat May 28, 2022 8:00 am

The only thing these lame videos really prove is that less than mediocre practitioners of any style or age, who don't have a serious training regimen, who have clearly never learned how to fight with whatever they supposedly practice, and usually have no contact fighting experience either competitively or on the street, generally don't fare well in any real fighting scenario.

That's totally predictable and no big surprise to me. This is most often the practitioner's fault, rather than a sweeping condemnation of their respective style or system. Sheesh! ::)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Sat May 28, 2022 12:43 pm

Agreed
Years ago I had a meeting with someone and did some pushing
My girlfriend pushed with his number one female student
After initially being hit quite hard my girlfriend understood the rules
From that point on she took total control never being touched again
On their return from China he wrote an article on how his student had defeated a number of Chinese masters
I concluded they were old men who had never really trained the real thing
I think these masters? are in the same class
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Sat May 28, 2022 8:43 pm

Disclaimer: No masters were harmed in the creation of this video. LOL ;D
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun May 29, 2022 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby marvin8 on Tue May 31, 2022 4:14 pm

origami_itto wrote:CMA is worthless for fighting, definitely don't study it. Nothing for you there. Whoever you are that is reading this

It appears because they lack the understanding and skill to control/setup (double weight) their opponent before making contact, as I said here. At 2:50 of "Neijiaquan vs Western Fighting," this guy appears to misunderstand by stating, "In modern boxing, the opponent fights back at anytime." Also this tai chi guy at 1:02 says, "Two people touch hands then, change and push to take opponent's balance."

Rather, MMA uses "CMA" concepts and strategies similar to Zhang Yun (tai chi) and Guo Shilei (bagua).

MMAist 1. Circles opponent (na) to lead him to step (I call pull/push footwork). 2. feint jab to lure (yin) forward energy 3. listen (ting) for opponent to double weight 4. change before opponent's front foot lands (hua) 5. issue (fa):

Same sequence in cooperative drills/demos starting from distance:

Zhang Weili, among other top fighters, currently trains at Bang Tao gym. Owner covers entering strategy from "MMA distance" to finish (e.g., takedown. push, etc.).

“Start at MMA distance where the opponent has to bridge…. In this modern day and age if I just go to shoot a double leg, he’s going to see it coming from a mile away…. Controlling the distance knuckle to knuckle is very, very important. Because, he can just counter me. So, I need to feint or fake (yin) to make my opponent put his hands up….The opponent may just step back. So, I need to shuffle step to bridge the distance....”

Starting at :50, ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpD7rMVu9Og
Last edited by marvin8 on Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Postby cloudz on Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:37 am

Appledog wrote:

While you are right, you have also been hoodwinked. I looked this up in chinese. The fight is over four years old— as shown by the exact same video being all over youtube and other sites. Further and as usual 朱春平 doesn’t seem to exist anywhere outside of these videos. And as it turns out this is not a mma hobbyist but someone with a fight record. And there is a 20+ year age difference.

It was a setup. Another apparently noname sifu who obviously is not a kungfu master (kicks are limp— plz) going up against someone who likely trains more than he does both inside and outside the ring and who has a fight record.

This video meant nothing 5 years ago and it means nothing today. MMA will never admit CMA is superior until you see it is by someone coming up in the system with a fight record. But the way this works is you get put against people eventually who will beat you up which is somewhat against the idea of kungfu training in a safe way. So you have to adapt. I’m sure kungfu can adapt. Just do it, as they say. If that’s your bag.

thanks, appreciate the info, good to know it's an old one. I don't need convincing of the value of TCMA.. my issue is with a certain culture that exists within.. my issues tend to arise with some peoples treatment of it. Like this guy in the clip, hopefully that trend maybe on the wane - personally I can't and don't really keep up.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Return to Video Links