Power of Qi clip Review

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Power of Qi clip Review

Postby wayne hansen on Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:10 pm

It’s not Adam by the way
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:49 am

windwalker wrote:
mmm wonder, na couldn't be, could it :-\

What is it with taiji teachers and strong guys :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtCfUaL-leo

More of the same. How about we see them wrestle? I wonder?

"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby robert on Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:10 am

CXW has a different view of qi than what seems to be presented in the Power of Qi clips. From an interview in fall 2005 by Luis Soldevila -

You are famous, among other things, because of the power of your fajin. When should people start to fajin in practice? Should you work in any special way? How does it grow?

As before. There is only one principle: When the dantian moves, the whole body follows. If the qi flows through the body, muscles are strong. When someone says, "it is just qi" that is not true, because qi itself does not have force. It is very soft, very subtle. If the movement is not correct, the flow of qi is blocked and there is no strength. But if the muscles are not flowing qi, there is no real strength. If the qi flows, your fajin is powerful.

If there is too much effort that is considered a deviation. The less tense you are, the more relaxed, the more the qi will flow. The more the qi flows, the more force can be developed. Fajin comes from qi flowing. Qi is like the wick and muscles are the bomb. It's like a lever, if you have to move a hundred kilos using only brute force it takes a lot of strength, but if you use a lever less force is required. If you throw a punch using only arm strength there is not much power. If the whole body is united and the qi flows, there is much greater power. You have to use one hundred percent, but not more than one hundred percent.

http://www.taichichuan.com.es/articulos/todos-los-articulos-lista/1323-transmitir-el-principio-del-taijiquan-entrevista-a-chen-xiaowang

FWIW.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:59 pm

They should take on a rugby union scrum
I was a Rugby player of both codes when I started training
Had played every position in the scrums as a representive level
It was no use against someone with real pushing skill
This was not with set up games but freestyle non fixed attack
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Bao on Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:07 am

windwalker wrote:
mmm wonder, na couldn't be, could it :-\

What is it with taiji teachers and strong guys :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtCfUaL-leo

Oh, this again? What is said below has been confirmed by others.
If this is true (which is something I personally don’t doubt at all), then IMO, XCW is probably the most disgraceful conman of all Tai Chi teachers. He already has a big name, what’s the point of putting on with a ridiculous theater? Btw, similar to those “fighting shows” other Chen “masters” have been involved with.

Long Wu recently declared in his own Weibo that after pushing CXW for 5 secs, CXW had to rest in a chair for over an hour, at the end Long Wu agreed to save face for the "grandmaster" and faked the rest. He decided to come out with the truth now due to Xu Xiaodong's "war" on frauds, or we can understand it as he wasn't paid enough to keep his slience, either way I'm glad the truth is coming out one way or the other.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?st ... 5406468948

Yeah, I will probably piss of a whole bunch of Chen stylists, I know.
But why not do even more when you are already doing it? I have pissed off many people lately, many HME people amongst others. I am incredibly sick of all these petty charlatans. No honesty or decency in sight whatsoever.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:20 am

Most important part is not to piss on your own leg
Quigga

Postby Formosa Neijia on Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:42 am

Bao wrote:But why not do even more when you are already doing it? I have pissed off many people lately, many HME people amongst others. I am incredibly sick of all these petty charlatans. No honesty or decency in sight whatsoever.

This will fuel your fire. The Miz considers himself the same as Jesus and the Buddha. They were persecuted for their ideas and he considers himself in their class. So if people disagreed with Jesus and the Buddha, of course they will disagree with The Miz. Seriously, you can't make this up.
Time to put the QUAN back in taijiQUAN. Time to put the YANG back in YANG style taiji.
Formosa Neijia
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:22 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:The Miz considers himself the same as Jesus and the Buddha. They were persecuted for their ideas and he considers himself in their class. So if people disagreed with Jesus and the Buddha, of course they will disagree with The Miz. Seriously, you can't make this up.

Your comments don't reflect my take on that video, but I also don't share your personal bias against Adam, either, mostly because I don't care about other people's business.

And again, all publicity is ultimately good publicity, so you're actually helping Adam remain relevant and interesting in the public forum. He is no doubt very grateful.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:53 am, edited 4 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:43 am

Formosa Neijia wrote:This will fuel your fire. The Miz considers himself the same as Jesus and the Buddha. They were persecuted for their ideas and he considers himself in their class. So if people disagreed with Jesus and the Buddha, of course they will disagree with The Miz. Seriously, you can't make this up.

As an aside - I don't think the Buddha was persecuted - although there were competing schools of thought in India at the time (e.g. the Jains, the Ajivikas, etc.), he was generally honored as a sage and left alone.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:18 am

Formosa, Jesus and Buddha told people that by embodying their approach to life one can find peace and happiness. I doubt though that they considered themselves to be something special.
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:19 am

Ya, Jesus messed with societal structures too much, people were afraid of losing their livelihood and daily bread, ironically.
Quigga

Previous

Return to Video Links