Don’t take offence

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Don’t take offence

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:36 am

Quigga wrote:StormStrider, I liked the pics in the PDF. Will give it a read some time

Met Ben before meeting my last taiji teacher

Ben was a very kind, funny, and interesting guy...
In some of our talks we talked about "Qi"

Something that he very much held as a fact as most taiji teachers of his level do.
Skeptical of some of the claims by another famous local teacher in the area demoing what he could do with it..... :-\

Chin Shifu, "David Chin" lama hop gar shifu...
Talked with Chin, Shifu long after having met and practiced with my last taiji teacher at the time...

Was working on a project involving some concepts from Tibetan white crane and taiji
asking his thoughts on it..

He was quite supportive although in the end the project didn't work out..

Interesting enough he echoed some of the same comments as Ben Lo..
In my talks with him, while we didn't agree on some things
out of respect and understanding never felt the need to push it...

As there were many other things we did share common views on... :)

Mentioning both teachers who believed in and used something called "Qi" as of yet "unproven"
limiting it to their own experiences while at the same time using it to explain to others
what they could not understand.. :)

It is interesting...

now both gone..as we all will be at some point..
Last edited by windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
windwalker
Wuji

Postby Giles on Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:46 am

Agree with Rob, not sincere. The 'baggage' involved in this instance is even clearer.

The other clip already posted, with CXW and the Taiwanese guy and reproduced below, is much more 'sincere' in the sense I mean. And in this case we see that the two are more or less evenly matched in this applied format. Despite all the comments along the lines of: CXW was being polite, could have totally dominated the other guy if he'd really wanted to, ripped his liver out with two fingers, etc. Which I don't buy here, on the basis of what I see. But this threatens to move OT, so enough from me.

Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby Giles on Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:49 am

PS @Windwalker
The title "Don't take offence" is Wayne's pun on "fence/fencing".
Do not make the mistake of giving up the near in order to seek the far.
Giles
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:36 am

Giles wrote:PS @Windwalker
The title "Don't take offence" is Wayne's pun on "fence/fencing".

;D interesting...
windwalker
Wuji

Postby marvin8 on Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:47 am

RobP3 wrote:
windwalker wrote:Is this clip sincere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtCfUaL-leo

No

Per Guan Nan Wang, correct...

marvin8 wrote:Guan Nan Wang talks about your video of Chen Xiaowang vs Long Wu (strongman) on his facebook page:

Tri-Essence Martial Art on May 2, 2017 wrote:Just how fraud is Chen Xiaowang?

Ever remember a show where CXW challenges all kind of ppl pushing him? If not I've included the original video at the end, feel free to watch it to everything into context.

At the end of that show, CXW was pushing against one of the top strongman champion of Asia, a guy named Long Wu. For many years common folks thought CXW was the real deal because a top strongman pushed him with all his might and CXW did not move back a single step, sorry to bring it to ya all but that was a fake setup.

Firstly the whole pushing thing is a trick, if you pay close attention to CXW's hand, one is placed by the elbow of the pusher, the other behind his shoulder. The hand under the elbow pushes up, preventing most of the force from that arm to reach his own body, the other hand push in on the shoulder so majority of the force get trapped in the pusher's own torso rather than onto CXW. ...

Now that was what I thought about his tryout with Long Wu for all these years, but it turns out there was more. Long Wu recently declared in his own Weibo that after pushing CXW for 5 secs, CXW had to rest in a chair for over an hour, at the end Long Wu agreed to save face for the "grandmaster" and faked the rest. He decided to come out with the truth now due to Xu Xiaodong's "war" on frauds, or we can understand it as he wasn't paid enough to keep his slience, either way I'm glad the truth is coming out one way or the other.

He also said Wang Zhanjun who flick things with his belly, is nothing to be proud of either, any young guy from Long Wu's training camp can push him over. Long Wu didn't specifically say what he was referring to, but I would guess its about Wang holding against a sumo push in an old show.

Long also said CXW's indoor disciple Sun Wu, the sanda champ was only a 2nd tier champ, he won due to points and is no match for Long Wu's classmate who is also a sanda champ. If the Chen ppl dispute anything he said, he is willing to put up 200k RMB to publicly test those claims. Sorry to say but Long Wu forgot the Chen village doesn't care abt 200k, they make it with one baishi ceremony, maybe he ought to try 2 million?

Anyway I cant comment much on Long Wu's other claims, those were included because he said it, but one thing is certain, CXW staged the whole show where he pushed against Long Wu, and that is enough to call fraud on them.

Article in Chinese including screen cap from Long Wu's weibo
https://mbrowser.baidu.com/web/landing/rssdetail...

the show in question
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qEv7I4jSADI

And at 1:09:55 in "Fact or Fiction Ep9 Chen Xiaowang Part 2 Immovable Qi:"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jKSGlRKhDY&t=69m55s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqDuKhs1c-Q&t=44m59s
marvin8
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Jun 09, 2022 12:56 pm

They should take on a rugby union scrum
I was a Rugby player of both codes when I started training
Had played every position in the scrums as a representive level