Swallowing the Sky’s Qi, connect power from earth.

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Swallowing the Sky’s Qi, connect power from earth.

Postby marvin8 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:48 am

Anthony Yap
Feb 25, 2022

Correction: wrongly type Chinese word 接 become 借 , the whole meaning “borrowing the power from earth” is wrong . Correct meaning is :" connect power from earth". Apologize!
更正:打错汉字"接"变成"借",所以"借地之力"是错误的。正确的是:“接地之力”。道歉!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCUJWzqYecA

Anthony Yap
Mar 5, 2022

Sorry for the typo in the titles for the first two episodes! This is the corrected final version. 很抱歉前面两集的字幕打错了!这是改正的结局版

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAjptoH6KRE

Anthony Yap
Jun 11, 2022

Swallowing the Sky’s Qi, Connect power from earth P02
I downloaded this video from Internet, and the video is a practice video from Master Wee Kee Jin and his students from Taijiquan School of Central Equilibrium. The following explanation is my personal understanding to share with you. If you agree with my concept, please click like, if you do not agree, please click unLike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtyb5F6uiFU

From Comments:

Kee Jin Wee
10 days ago

It’s not and nothing to do with swallowing the qi of the heaven. It’s the receiving force. The person punching is delivering a force, for me, I stay centred and balance and relax. My feet are connected to the ground . I do not resist against the force, using the sinking process to allow the force to travel through me into the ground, the force will then rebound from the ground back to the person that was punching,sending him off( action and reaction). However this is a demonstration, so it’s done in a laboratory condition, means the force coming in and the speed is controlled. It need a lot of training to be able to deliver it spontaneously. However I am not there yet. Kee Jin Wee.

Kee Jin Wee
10 days ago

In the receiving force, the person receiving the force does not issue any force, it’s the opponent force travel through the body of the person receiving into the ground and rebound back. So it’s the opponent own force that send them to propel them back. How far they are propel , how fast they are propel and the direction they are been propel is decided by the person who is pushing not by the person receiving. Kee Jin Wee.
Last edited by marvin8 on Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
marvin8
Wuji

Re: Swallowing the Sky’s Qi, connect power from earth.

Postby robert on Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:14 am

marvin8 wrote:Anthony Yap
Feb 25, 2022

Correction: wrongly type Chinese word 接 become 借 , the whole meaning “borrowing the power from earth” is wrong . Correct meaning is :" connect power from earth". Apologize!
更正:打错汉字"接"变成"借",所以"借地之力"是错误的。正确的是:“接地之力”。道歉!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCUJWzqYecA

Seems like a pretty good video showing the vertical circle. A nice adjunct to another recent video. Watching westerners do CIMAs the vertical circle component often seems to be missing.

I like Kee Jin Wee's response to the last video.

marvin8 wrote:
Kee Jin Wee
10 days ago

It’s not and nothing to do with swallowing the qi of the heaven. It’s the receiving force. The person punching is delivering a force, for me, I stay centred and balance and relax. My feet are connected to the ground . I do not resist against the force, using the sinking process to allow the force to travel through me into the ground, the force will then rebound from the ground back to the person that was punching,sending him off( action and reaction). However this is a demonstration, so it’s done in a laboratory condition, means the force coming in and the speed is controlled. It need a lot of training to be able to deliver it spontaneously. However I am not there yet. Kee Jin Wee.

Kee Jin Wee
10 days ago

In the receiving force, the person receiving the force does not issue any force, it’s the opponent force travel through the body of the person receiving into the ground and rebound back. So it’s the opponent own force that send them to propel them back. How far they are propel , how fast they are propel and the direction they are been propel is decided by the person who is pushing not by the person receiving. Kee Jin Wee.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Return to Video Links