Dong Huling Yang Form

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Dong Huling Yang Form

Postby origami_itto on Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:45 pm

Alex Dong Tai Chi wrote:My Grandfather, Grand Master Dong Huling, was known for his real Tai Chi skill and the most powerful forms. I think he was the last generation of real Shifus or Masters. Even when I was young, I remembered experts of all styles came to our home in China and challenged my Father Dong Zeng Chen. You and others would know real quick if you had skill or just a fraud. Now, real masters are a few and far in between.

My Great Grandfather Dong Ying Jie travelled all over China and taught Tai Chi with his teacher Yang Chengfu and SE Asia by himself. In those days, if you step on other people's territory, you better be ready to take on the best.

My Grandfather did most of the teachings in SE Asia because my Great Grandfather was near his retirement age. While my Grandfather was teaching in Hong Kong and SE Asia, he was invited by other teachers to share his expertise in the USA, where he visited the East and West coast. He eventually settled in Hawaii when several well-known external masters from Hawaii in their primes went to Hong Kong to invite him to Hawaii and teach them Tai Chi.

Last edited by origami_itto on Sat Jul 16, 2022 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Re: Dong Huling Yang Form

Postby Quigga on Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:02 pm

I watched this when I was 16 :-) It makes me very happy to see a high quality, non blurry vision of it. Has been an inspiration ever since!
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Sat Jul 16, 2022 4:03 pm

If you seek Long River Boxing, this is it :-D
Quigga

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Jul 16, 2022 5:21 pm

Always a pleasure to see any old Tung stuff
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji