How to Beat a UFC Fighter?

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

How to Beat a UFC Fighter?

Postby Bob on Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:53 am

Thumbs up or thumbs down?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13oU1mmnunk

How to Beat a UFC Fighter • KRAV MAGA TRAINING

Lethwei techniques and Krav Maga vs MMA (UFC). Be aware that you won't have gloves in the streets!
Techniques for Self Defense purposes. Starring: Dave Leduc & Luca Goffi • Brescia (Italy)

Dave Leduc is the King of Lethwei and the most brutal fighter in the World - Follow his channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/builderfest
Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Dustin Poirier, Israel Adesanya know this! You have to learn great techniques if you want to be a great fighter! No submissions, only KO!

Bob
Great Old One

Re: How to Beat a UFC Fighter?

Postby Steve James on Fri Sep 30, 2022 10:57 am

:) Not a demo of how to beat a UFC fighter. But, imo, all excellent advice, particularly about saving the hands.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Postby cloudz on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:46 am

clickbait clip title if ever there was ..
looks like a decent fighter anyway, showing a nice enough move.
Last edited by cloudz on Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Regards
George

London UK
cloudz
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:55 pm

Agreed on the clickbait video clip title. Regardless, viewers should ask themselves how they would use their preferred martial arts to defeat him? What is the primary factor in his success as a competitive fighter? How can his fighting style and his technique combinations be most effectively and most easily neutralized and defeated?

The opponents he faced in the video unfortunately did not have the answers to these questions. If you can't identify the biggest mistake that all of his opponents made in fighting him, you're probably prone to making that same mistake, and would most likely be similarly defeated for the same reason. :-\
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:28 am

haha- he didn't beat the MMA fighter at MMA, he beat him at 'kickboxing with elbows'. He shows a very nice technique regardless.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:28 am

And yet, nonetheless, nobody offers their expert analysis of his fight footage to answer the questions I asked. Hmm! Very interesting, but not a huge surprise. :-\
Last edited by Doc Stier on Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby vadaga on Wed Oct 12, 2022 5:45 am

good techniques demoed for sure. but like, he is not talking about takedown defense etc. I would say he is missing a major point there.
善人和气一团
vadaga
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Wed Oct 12, 2022 8:18 am

Doc Stier wrote:And yet, nonetheless, nobody offers their expert analysis of his fight footage to answer the questions I asked. Hmm! Very interesting, but not a huge surprise. :-\

It shouldn't be a surprise, as you phrased your questions rhetorically. And I would also note that you, yourself, have never offered any expert analysis in that vein, so it's a bit unclear what exactly you mean to imply by that statement.

From my standpoint, your questions are largely irrelevant. I have no interest in sport fighting, and it would be inane to expect that some little tweaks here or there would make me better at it than someone who specializes in that type of engagement. If you want or need to engage with a sport fighter, the best option is to control the terms of the engagement such that they never get the chance to bring their superior "monkey dance" skills to bear-- which is basically the opposite of what the OP is about.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:24 am

The issues I raised with the questions I asked are totally relevant to having any chance of successfully defending and defeating the fighting style and preferred technique combinations displayed in the video footage, regardless of whether it is faced in the ring or on the street. If you are unable or unwilling to risk answering the questions, that's fine, but in either case, the questions are NOT irrelevant. ::)
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:02 am

I said they were irrelevant *for me*, and they are. Everything shown is predicated on a symmetrical engagement starting at a fighting range typical of social dominance engagement. That type of situation is exceptionally easy to avoid, so it's almost entirely in my control whether I will ever find myself in that situation, or not. And since I don't want to and generally know how to avoid it, I won't. It's not about "risking" answering the questions, it's an issue of relevance to a particular set of goals and interests.

Still waiting for you to lead by example and discuss potential answers to your own questions.
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:11 am

No clue Doc :-) Maybe they were simply too scared and thus unable to break his rhythm and establish their own instead? Reacting isn't the same as intercepting imo.
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:12 am

I know you have nothing left to prove to yourself Doc, but hearing some thoughts on the matter sure would be great :-)
Quigga

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:20 pm

Bhassler wrote:I said they were irrelevant *for me*, and they are. Everything shown is predicated on a symmetrical engagement starting at a fighting range typical of social dominance engagement. That type of situation is exceptionally easy to avoid, so it's almost entirely in my control whether I will ever find myself in that situation, or not. And since I don't want to and generally know how to avoid it, I won't. It's not about "risking" answering the questions, it's an issue of relevance to a particular set of goals and interests.

Ok. Fair enough. However, the vast majority of physically violent assaults occur suddenly and unexpectedly, oftentimes through ambush from a hidden position, from strangers unknown to the target individual. Any such assailant could potentially possess fighting abilities of equal or greater skill than their intended victim, perhaps even you.

To assume as you apparently do that you will always be aware of an impending assault and thereby always be prepared to successfully deal with it effectively seems like an unrealistic expectation, which could result in an unfortunate outcome in the real world of street defense.
Last edited by Doc Stier on Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Oct 13, 2022 7:35 am

Quigga wrote:I know you have nothing left to prove to yourself Doc, but hearing some thoughts on the matter sure would be great :-)

For starters, first and foremost, a stationary opponent with little or no mobility is generally pretty easy to hit.
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Thu Oct 13, 2022 11:19 am

I can't beat a professional ufc fighter, but I can maim anyone. It's more a matter of why I'm fighting, rather than who.

If we're talking about competition, I'd imagine a tcc practitioner would engage in a tcc way. Strikes are strikes. But, the only way to find out what would work best would be to practice against it. All else is speculation.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links