Why take up Martial Arts - Capability of Being Dangerous

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Why take up Martial Arts - Capability of Being Dangerous

Postby Bob on Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:03 pm

Last edited by Bob on Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Great Old One

Re: Why take up Martial Arts - Capability of Being Dangerous

Postby yeniseri on Sun Oct 16, 2022 7:04 pm

Abridged 23rd Psalm

Yeh Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil 'cause I be the meanest mofo in da valley.
................ ??? ;D
Undiscovered hymn of the founding USMC
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Bob on Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:05 am

LOL
Bob
Great Old One

Postby edededed on Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:17 am

In my opinion - "meek" means "meek," neither does it include the capability of being dangerous, but nor does it not.

If he sees that in there, then that perhaps reflects his own desires. (Never heard of him practicing martial arts, though.)

If one can only be good by being "dangerous" first, then that mostly disqualifies almost all women, who naturally are much weaker than most men out there, too.
Last edited by edededed on Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
edededed
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:51 am

I study martial arts in order to become less dangerous.

Also, Jordan Peterson is an idiot.
Last edited by origami_itto on Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:58 am

This is a pretty good breakdown of specifically WHY he is an idiot. Even Joe Rogan picks up on his intellectual dishonesty.

Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby yeniseri on Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:01 am

In another thread, I mentioned the biblical reference "The meek shall inherit the earth" in all of its Christian majesty and the conquest of non Christian peoples as part of various colonial empires, the reality is that the meek will never reach that level because they will be and have been the ones decimated from the face of the earth, put in reservations and slaved to the highest bidder!
Words and their meaning, at times, are at opposite ends of a spectrum but when we put our critical thinking cap, we see that Mr Jordan's perspective is even more to the point that when good men do nothing, evil, as a malicious intent, needs to be destroyed in its tracks. The admonition that if you want peace. prepare for "War" because there are and have been evildoers who see this peace thang as a way to take what isn't theirs knowing no one will stop them.

Hitler, Putin as examples ??? At what stage will they be stopped (Putin, that is). Hitler wasn't stopped because people didn't want to offend him, or they did not want to get involved, or it ain't our business until he was bearing down on their parade with over 3 milion murdered. Even the taliking head saying that they did not want to offend Putin because he was threatening to use the nuclear option...that works so I can see why North Korea keeps its nukes. People will think twice about invading a nation/state with options!

Chance favours the prepared mind. The Capability of being dangerous is not a blanket unprovoked expression for mayhem but it is tempered by justice, peace, and other attributes that supports and protect life. This is similar to the Nietzschean concept of the Ubermensch where those bent on evil and destruction took this as license to murder, not reading or understanding the statements and definitions beyond the word.
Last edited by yeniseri on Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:35 am

Okay but in Jordan Peterson's case, women being on birth control is the evil against god that needs to be stopped...
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Bob on Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:19 am

origami_itto wrote:Okay but in Jordan Peterson's case, women being on birth control is the evil against god that needs to be stopped...

Well, that puts him in the company of a major doctrine of catholicism and probably some other Christian groups
Last edited by Bob on Mon Oct 17, 2022 9:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:23 pm

Bob wrote:
origami_itto wrote:Okay but in Jordan Peterson's case, women being on birth control is the evil against god that needs to be stopped...

Well, that puts him in the company of a major doctrine of catholicism and probably some other Christian groups

They are also assholes.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:33 pm

The irony is that Peterson probably wouldn't make it through the first 5 minutes of a jiujitsu class warm up. He's the classic case of "do as I say, not as I do".
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bob on Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:39 am

If it's useful by all mean enjoy - if not, ignore or cast the stones if you wish.

Definitely a controversial guy - baby and bath water strategy

This ONE Small Change Will Make You More Articulate in 20 Minutes | Jordan Peterson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlr5F21M8ns

Speaking is not easy as we all know. In this video we have compiled Jordan Peterson's best tips and advice when it comes to conversations, and speaking.

This ONE Small Change Will Make You More Articulate in 20 Minutes | Jordan Peterson

Bob
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:45 am

Bob wrote:If it's useful by all mean enjoy - if not, ignore or cast the stones if you wish.

Definitely a controversial guy - baby and bath water strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlr5F21M8ns

Speaking is not easy as we all know. In this video we have compiled Jordan Peterson's best tips and advice when it comes to conversations, and speaking.

There are far better sources for this sort of information, ones that aren't aggressively recruiting soldiers for the culture war.

https://m.youtube.com/c/charismaoncommand

Nobody should ever listen to Jordan Peterson about anything, ever.
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:49 am

Culture war? He's just trying to make the world a better place. I mean, obviously it won't be better for everyone, but that's just the price of doing business...

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Steve James on Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:01 am

The irony is that Peterson probably wouldn't make it through the first 5 minutes of a jiujitsu class warm up. He's the classic case of "do as I say, not as I do".

Yeah, people who think it's about violence often don't look very violent or accustomed to it. Where many people live, violence involves a weapon -meaning they could die. So, for them, the skill is in avoiding conflict (iow, survival). Where does the narrator live?

However, I totally agree with having the ability to be violent. But, it's about having the ability to defend the weak, not just to be strong. Any idjit can pick up a gun or knife. It's stupidly easy to harm another human being. That goes both ways.

There's no virtue is being weak... or in being sick, or disabled, or very young, or elderly, yet there are many people in those conditions. And, imo, are the best reasons young and strong should study a martial art. Well, ok, outside of developing self-discipline, self-control, and respect and stuff like that. I'm old, so I'd add humility, but this is the wrong thread for that.

Anyway, afa the connection to Christian doctrine (aopt to anything Jesus said in the scriptures), the idea is that Jesus will come back. Therefore, all a believer has to do is follow his teachings because, until then, things are not going to be good. That's why the first "Christians" were martyrs who willingly went to the deaths because their reward would come in heaven. That meekness was definitely instilled in everyone Christian nations have dominated since Roman times. Meanwhile, they split into sects and killed each other. (Yes, it's just like some other religions! Um, I mean some people who will do anything an atheist would do, and worse, and just say it's their religion. Ends up they're the same.
"A man is rich when he has time and freewill. How he chooses to invest both will determine the return on his investment."
Steve James
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links