Why take up Martial Arts - Capability of Being Dangerous

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Why take up Martial Arts - Capability of Being Dangerous

Postby yeniseri on Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:36 pm

Even without martial arts...knowing something, regardless of source, has to have the capability of destroying your 'enemy' because if we look at nations and colonialism, or with Germany in World War II as examples, those who not only appear weaker but carry no arms/weapons, often are the victims of those who dream of evil to do to their fellow man.

When Greyhound was the main transportation (San Diego and Arizona usually( (for me ;D ) in the late 1970s, the people at the bus station who would be rolled tended to the the least capable of doing anything for themselves despite their less than desirable living circumstances. I would leave MCRD/Pendleton on weekends, go to the the San Diego Greyhound Bus Station and the victims usually had no means of defense of any kind and they lived on the street so nobody cared. Though I am not a gun carrier, we all know that those who show weakness become the targets, or at least the appearance of weakness so better to have a capability and by following some level of the usual situational awareness because the enemy will usually tell you what he is going to do so we must pay attention.
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Postby Bob on Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:02 am

https://youtu.be/iI__r2U8jX0

Why Peterson makes sense for some and why others can't stand him
Bob
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:54 am

Right, so if I don't accept Peterson as my lord and savior then I am 'disagreeable'.

You can gaslight all you want Bob, but he's a nut job. That's why I don't "get him".
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Bob on Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:30 am

GrahamB wrote:Right, so if I don't accept Peterson as my lord and savior then I am 'disagreeable'.

You can gaslight all you want Bob, but he's a nut job. That's why I don't "get him".

GrahamB: your inference concerning my motivation is wrong - I don't gaslight.

You see what you want to see in Peterson - others may simply extract what is useful - it's not a zero sum game

It is not about experiencing Peterson "as my lord and savior" but its about his ideas, observations, his experiences etc. etc. - if you term it in the way you stated above then that in itself is gaslighting.

A lot of his later material is a bit uneven for my taste and I'm not interested in the potential political aspects of his material - that's for the woke crowd.
Last edited by Bob on Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:20 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:18 pm

edededed wrote:In my opinion - "meek" means "meek," neither does it include the capability of being dangerous, but nor does it not.

If he sees that in there, then that perhaps reflects his own desires. (Never heard of him practicing martial arts, though.)

If one can only be good by being "dangerous" first, then that mostly disqualifies almost all women, who naturally are much weaker than most men out there, too.

Well I'm not sure about that. I don't get poisoned very often. :)
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:33 pm

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links