Wen Sheng Boxing

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Wen Sheng Boxing

Postby Appledog on Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:29 pm

Have you seen this one yet? It is "文圣拳" (wén shèng quán).

Last edited by Appledog on Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Re: Wen Sheng Boxing

Postby ambulocetus on Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:25 pm

A very intriguing style. I've seen a few other videos of Wen Sheng Quan, and this one is about the best. Interesting body mechanics. Subtle movements and obscure applications. I'm not sure exactly what he's doing, but I can tell he's doing it well. The style seems like it deserves to be more well known. I wish I knew more about it, but I've never heard of it being taught outside of China.
MMA makes great fighters; TMA makes great people.
ambulocetus
Santi

Re: Wen Sheng Boxing

Postby Appledog on Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:01 pm

ambulocetus wrote:A very intriguing style. I've seen a few other videos of Wen Sheng Quan, and this one is about the best. Interesting body mechanics. Subtle movements and obscure applications. I'm not sure exactly what he's doing, but I can tell he's doing it well. The style seems like it deserves to be more well known. I wish I knew more about it, but I've never heard of it being taught outside of China.

I recognize some of the applications from gong li quan and chen style tai chi. Some of them are mysterious though!

I think this video is very inspirational.
Appledog
Wuji

Return to Video Links