DMP #2 - Adam Mizner - Xmas Drinks

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: DMP #2 - Adam Mizner - Xmas Drinks

Postby Doc Stier on Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:47 pm

GrahamB wrote:I hope all those online followers who pay their monthly fee are happy to keep funding this whiskey and cigar lifestyle in exotic locations ;D ;D ;D

Ultimately, all publicity is good publicity for their business plan, especially free publicity like this thread discussion, regardless of anyone's opinion of their personal knowledge base or skill levels. With a specifically focused sales and marketing plan, combined with an impressive advertising and promotion campaign, it is easily possible to successfully sell damn near anything. :o

YouTube videos on virtually any topic can produce similar results by employing the same methods. Simply appeal to the potential customer's desire for proprietary information, skills, or products, and their love of interesting, entertaining or controversial viewing material. -shrug-

This is apparently so easy to do that I am amazed more people haven't done it already. Nonetheless, some sellers are clearly better than others in determining what makes their sales offers the most appealing to the greatest number of people. Perhaps some of you here can replicate or exceed their success and also enjoy lavish vacations in exotic locations. ;D
Last edited by Doc Stier on Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby everything on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:01 pm

Entertaining to say the least

I like their style
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:53 am

Doc Stier wrote:
GrahamB wrote:I hope all those online followers who pay their monthly fee are happy to keep funding this whiskey and cigar lifestyle in exotic locations ;D ;D ;D

Ultimately, all publicity is good publicity for their business plan, especially free publicity like this thread discussion, regardless of anyone's opinion of their personal knowledge base or skill levels. With a specifically focused sales and marketing plan, combined with an impressive advertising and promotion campaign, it is easily possible to successfully sell damn near anything. :o

YouTube videos on virtually any topic can produce similar results by employing the same methods. Simply appeal to the potential customer's desire for proprietary information, skills, or products, and their love of interesting, entertaining or controversial viewing material. -shrug-

This is apparently so easy to do that I am amazed more people haven't done it already. Nonetheless, some sellers are clearly better than others in determining what makes their sales offers the most appealing to the greatest number of people. Perhaps some of you here can replicate or exceed their success and also enjoy lavish vacations in exotic locations. ;D

You know, the things I would have to do to earn even half my salary in martial arts, specific challenges of taijiquan aside, just make it completely not worth the effort.

Like I'm looking to get a beginners class together to help spread the art and get some push hands dumm- I mean partners to throw around, but I would hate to be in a position where paying my mortgage and grocery bill relied on attracting and keeping paying students.

Adam has a great business going. I am envious. Like a lot of people though when they stop talking about their own experiences and understanding and start judging and condemning the straw men they construct to represent others that dare to think or live differently, I find it difficult to support their spiritual teaching.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|IG|X|
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Appledog on Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:59 am

origami_itto wrote:You know, the things I would have to do to earn even half my salary in martial arts, specific challenges of taijiquan aside, just make it completely not worth the effort.

Like I'm looking to get a beginners class together to help spread the art and get some push hands dumm- I mean partners to throw around, but I would hate to be in a position where paying my mortgage and grocery bill relied on attracting and keeping paying students.

Adam has a great business going. I am envious. Like a lot of people though when they stop talking about their own experiences and understanding and start judging and condemning the straw men they construct to represent others that dare to think or live differently, I find it difficult to support their spiritual teaching.

Ahh yes this end of things. I realized this early on and spent the next few decades of my life trying to find a way to retire early so I could pursue martial arts. I got lucky and found myself in Asia (suprise suprise) with a low cost of living, and was able to save up almost enough money to retire as a full time tai chi guy.

With any luck I just need a few more years...
Appledog
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:23 am

Appledog wrote:
origami_itto wrote:You know, the things I would have to do to earn even half my salary in martial arts, specific challenges of taijiquan aside, just make it completely not worth the effort.

Ahh yes this end of things. I realized this early on and spent the next few decades of my life trying to find a way to retire early so I could pursue martial arts. I got lucky and found myself in Asia (suprise suprise) with a low cost of living, and was able to save up almost enough money to retire as a full time tai chi guy.

With any luck I just need a few more years...

In my specialty we sort of rely on organizations that are legally prohibited from employing non us citizens. Otherwise it's all dudes in Bangalore getting minimum wage and living like kings.

But we're looking for property, and Costa Rica is cheap and in the same time zone! I could hire staff! Security and catering! Landscaping! Keep my Scorp headquarters/residence in Florida and they'd never know!
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:36 pm

Here's a picture of Andrew Tate, taken shortly before being arrested for human trafficking.

One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:03 pm

GrahamB wrote:Here's a picture of Andrew Tate, taken shortly before being arrested for human trafficking.

Did they mention him? I didn't know who he was until yesterday so I would have missed the mention.
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby windwalker on Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:17 pm

Adam again,, ;D

when all is said and done,,,the guy has skill...

Even in China, they watch and translate his clips.. :)
windwalker
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:27 pm

That shows the state of the art
So sad
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby Doc Stier on Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:25 pm

RSF members have expressed a variety of reasons why Adam Mizner and Damo Mitchell both have a lot of detractors and keyboard critics, but it seems really petty to me to imply that they are in the same category as a criminal like Andrew Tate simply because they choose to socialize while enjoying drinks and a cigar. Good grief!

I think we should all live our lives as we wish to, within reason and legal constraints of course, practice what we choose to, cultivate ourselves as we deem best for our personal goals, and allow others to do likewise as they wish. -shrug-
Last edited by Doc Stier on Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby everything on Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:17 am

it's the internet and rsf so apparently we should be as reactionary and critical to the extreme as possible, always. ;D
amateur practices til gets right pro til can't get wrong
/ better approx answer to right q than exact answer to wrong q which can be made precise /
“most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. Source of all true art & science
everything
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:59 am

I think the only reason Grahame posted the photo is the physical similarities and choice of verbiage
There is so much good stuff in what they say and that is the reason some feel a need to offer an alternate perspective
Those that support their views of Taoism Buddhism spiritual development and the martial arts are free to do so
I find it interesting to examine why they have both detractors and supporters
They put this stuff out on YouTube so I feel free to comment on this little forum
If one thing I say makes people hesitate to think before they enter the maze they create I feel it is worthwhile
I find one thing of interest is how they deride the product they sell and it’s manufactures
Thrown out by the mainstream for being rogues after gaining all it has to offer
I just find the whiskey funny and the cigars telling
Good luck to their supporters but don’t think you are not part of their club
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:28 pm

[youtube] https://youtu.be/RgiPkflwZH0[/youtube]
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby wayne hansen on Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:37 pm

Posted twice
Would love to know what others think of this
Does it reflect on the other clip
What do you feel is the reasoning behind it
Last edited by wayne hansen on Mon Jan 02, 2023 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:38 pm

I think self professed spiritual teachers should refrain from being overly judgmental about the choices made in response to challenges and struggles they'll never understand by people they have never met. I believe Damo speaks to this idea in that video.

But i mean we can't all live by our professed values all the time. Everyone is a either a confessed hypocrite or lacking self awareness.
origami_itto
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links