High elbows as a vulnerability - Mizner

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: High elbows as a vulnerability - Mizner

Postby robert on Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:10 am

origami_itto wrote:So what happened? He got smart. Probably got tired of people. Plus you can only have so much smoke blown up your ass before you think you're a balloon, and after a while it's hard to accept anything but praise, and then even the praise becomes annoying, doesn't it?

So you sell the product. Step back from the public. Same old song and dance.

OK.
The method of practicing this boxing art is nothing more than opening and closing, passive and active. The subtlety of the art is based entirely upon their alternations. Chen Xin
robert
Wuji

Re: High elbows as a vulnerability - Mizner

Postby Subitai on Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:48 pm

robert wrote:
Quigga wrote:I'm sorry, but where did I imply that he's not trying his best to convey his personal truth to his students? :-(

That wasn't directed at you, it's just a general question directed to the forum.

Quigga wrote:Pengjin and connection can again mean vastly different things for 2 people.....

From my experience good MAs from China all seem to have the same basic understanding. When I was first trying to learn about it I asked a couple bagua guys, Zhang Huasen and Xie Peiqi, and they were both familiar with it. Do you think what taijiquan people from China write and demonstrate as pengjin is all different?

You Tell 'em Robert, I was gonna say the same thing. But why bother...so many know it alls, I only have to scan through the comments and usually a smart person pops up here or there. Saves me time. :)

What I haven't read from anybody yet is that Song (with Relaxed shoulder and sunk elbow) ALONE....the way ADAM is doing it is really not enough to complete the skill. He he can show you something on YT but not really how it's done as per say close instruction.

Which in itself is no big deal...it's the basics, bu diu bu ding...in this case the latter. He would not "Go Head ON for long...w/o changing". You can see his adjustments.

He might present his relaxed structure, but if he encounters a force or strength too strong...he will evolve to handle it. No big deal.
Subitai
Huajing

Previous

Return to Video Links