The Drunken Boxing Podcast #046 - Yu-Kai Chang

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

The Drunken Boxing Podcast #046 - Yu-Kai Chang

Postby wushutiger on Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:38 am

I really enjoyed this discussion

wushutiger
Wuji

Re: The Drunken Boxing Podcast #046 - Yu-Kai Chang

Postby nicklinjm on Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:03 pm

Found the discussion about the Gao style bagua system really interesting, especially the comparisons to the Liu Dekuan straight-line material.

I knew they had linear single movement (dan cao) but didn't realise the Hou Tian movements are actually then practiced as 2-man counters.

So do you think the Jiu Zhou Staff that Zhang Junfeng practiced actually came from a student of Li Cunyi in Tianjin then?

Also quite telling that Chang's group later went to Ge Guoliang / Li Xueyi in Tianjin - think a lot of Zhang Junfeng line people eventually realised that although he was a v good fighter there were certain parts of the system missing.
nicklinjm
Wuji

Re: The Drunken Boxing Podcast #046 - Yu-Kai Chang

Postby JOG on Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:51 pm

Yes, very entertaining discussion. Thanks Byron for your efforts in producing.

For anyone interested in another line of the Tianjin lineage (Gao Yisheng->Liu Fengcai->Liu Shuhang), there are a number of Liu laoshi's students teaching in the US and Canada through the North American Tang Shou Tao (www.natsta.org). And I happen to be in Tokyo through about August of this year, if any interested folks out this way.

John Groschwitz
JOG
Santi

Return to Video Links