Structural mechanics of Taiji. Why taichi don't use strength

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Structural mechanics of Taiji. Why taichi don't use strength

Postby Bao on Fri May 05, 2023 1:03 pm

HotSoup wrote:Changquan is the only name that sounds credible as a previous one because almost all military-based styles of the era preceding its formation were called Changquan or Tongbei, and these two terms were used interchangeably. The simplest explanation is that Taijiquan's source material was one of these styles.

Well... the simplest answer is that humans came from monkeys and apes as chimpanzees and gorillas. However, a person who studies the actual development of mankind and monkeys will understand that this statement is not true. Instead, both of the modern monkeys and humans have the same ancestor. Something similar is true about martial arts. You cannot compare the modern arts and say that one comes from the other as they have all changed and developed. Also, "styles" and "systems" as we understand the terms today are modern concepts.
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby HotSoup on Fri May 05, 2023 1:54 pm

Bao wrote:Well... the simplest answer is that humans came from monkeys and apes as chimpanzees and gorillas. However, a person who studies the actual development of mankind and monkeys will understand that this statement is not true. Instead, both of the modern monkeys and humans have the same ancestor. Something similar is true about martial arts. You cannot compare the modern arts and say that one comes from the other as they have all changed and developed. Also, "styles" and "systems" as we understand the terms today are modern concepts.

I thought we were talking about the names. What “style comparison”?
HotSoup
Anjing

Postby Bao on Fri May 05, 2023 3:09 pm

HotSoup wrote:I thought we were talking about the names. What “style comparison”?

Short memory? It was you who went from discussing names to origin and mentioning “style”:
“The simplest explanation is that Taijiquan's source material was one of these styles”
Bao
Great Old One

Postby HotSoup on Fri May 05, 2023 10:40 pm

Bao wrote:
HotSoup wrote:I thought we were talking about the names. What “style comparison”?

Short memory? It was you who went from discussing names to origin and mentioning “style”:
“The simplest explanation is that Taijiquan's source material was one of these styles”

Lack of logical thinking? Where do you see a comparison here?
HotSoup
Anjing

Postby Bao on Sat May 06, 2023 1:29 am

Maybe you have a problem with that as well, that’s for you to figure out. Don’t know why you have such a hard time understanding that I responded directly to your statement:

“the simplest explanation is that Taijiquan's source material was one of these styles.”
Bao
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links