Grandmaster Yang Ching Feng 1986

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Grandmaster Yang Ching Feng 1986

Postby Quigga on Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:47 pm

Meh, often you have to completely extend the joints to the point where it feels like breaking - then they crack like fingers - to properly open the fascia surrounding them

Folding is just laying traps for the opponent, as you know
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:48 pm

Btw pls don't sue me for any damage occurred
Quigga

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:55 pm

Quigga wrote:Meh, often you have to completely extend the joints to the point where it feels like breaking - then they crack like fingers - to properly open the fascia surrounding them

Hahaha! What a hoot. With all due respect for your opinion, I'll take a hard pass on that idea. ::)
Last edited by Doc Stier on Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Quigga on Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:57 pm

That's okay, I don't mind. I wasn't talking about combat applications, but rather solo cultivate, but ok

Btw I like your posts of blending different frames into one
Quigga

Postby Quigga on Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:58 pm

Can you crack your jaws like your knuckles? Or your ilio sacral joints?
Quigga

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:08 pm

Quigga wrote:Can you crack your jaws like your knuckles? Or your ilio sacral joints?

Like a chiropractic self-adjustment? No, I can't, and I can't think of any reason why I would want to do so. What would the supposed benefits be? ???

Glad you liked the description of blending the three frames into a single entity. Thanks for the feedback. :)
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby Appledog on Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:03 pm

Quigga wrote:Meh, often you have to completely extend the joints to the point where it feels like breaking - then they crack like fingers - to properly open the fascia surrounding them

Stretching the muscles and pulling the bones?
Last edited by Appledog on Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Appledog
Wuji

Postby twocircles13 on Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:43 pm

Appledog wrote:All human beings are alive, therefore all human beings have qi, therefore any movement a human being makes can be harmonized with unbroken circular qi; any physical ('external') movement can be done in a manner which represents unbroken circularity. You cannot see this harmonization, which is the difficulty in copying your teacher's form. So, you have to start with a form which externally attempts to show unbroken circularity. And then, you will realize, that your physical body is not conforming to the unbroken circularity of your mind. Then you will suddenly realize your internals are not harmonized; you will become aware of them in the places they differ (this is the principle of differentiation which I will explain later). This is the start of internal development. If you just use a form which has broken and non-circular movements, you can not even pass the first stage.

This is to say, not all forms of internal development are the same. There is internal development, and there is internal development which is unbroken and circular.

Now, Bruce Lee said that the shortest line between points is a straight line -- not a circle. So perhaps we have been doing it wrong all this time. Thoughts?

and

So far nobody seems to understand what I meant, although windwalker almost got it for a second a few posts ago. So I will give two examples. One of inside to outside and one of outside to inside.

Stand in the Michaelangelo pose. Bend your arm at the elbow -- try to only move on the elbow. Is this a whole body internal movement?

If you say the answer is no, then the question becomes why not?

That is to say, not "why not" for the obvious, external reason -- but why didn't you make it a whole body internal movement? Can you make it a whole body internal movement but only "move" on the elbow?

Example two; any circular silk reeling exercise. This is intended to be some kind of whole body circular motion. But is it, really? Can you willingly make it noncircular and nonwholebody but give the impression that you are doing it? What is more likely, obvioulsy, is you are not doing it properly, and there will be some kind of qi blockage affecting your movement... But, if not, could you sabotage it intentionally?

A to B or B to A, in the middle is a harmonization of qi inside the body which justifies the movement -- if you want there to be.

@Appledog I have put some thought into this, and I have decided that I do not understand the terminology of the questions. I went back to the thread you quoted, and I cannot understand that discussion even. I am not sure I even know what you are asking.

"Move on the elbow” Do you mean rotate around the elbow?

I don’t mean to be oblique. Thank you for your patience
twocircles13
Anjing

Postby Kong Bao Long on Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:55 pm

The fact he did the Quan in dress shoes is what impressed me.
Last edited by Kong Bao Long on Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop "Kong ZI
Kong Bao Long
Santi

Postby yeniseri on Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:28 am

Kong Bao Long wrote:The fact he did the Quan in dress shoes is what impressed me.

Reminds me of the time when I was putting out the garbage in my underwear and my wife told me to dress propery so I put on my dress shoes!
p.s. It was late evening and no one was watching ;D Allegedly ???
When fascism comes to US America, It will be wrapped in the US flag and waving a cross. An astute patriot
yeniseri
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links