Selective Tension

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Selective Tension

Postby RobP3 on Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:41 am

Oh look, Bao, you just did the exact same thing again. What makes you think that you are taken seriously anyway? I'm not in the least bit sour or grumpy, in fact, my guys find responses like yours funny, That's the guys on the video who can do things that I'm guessing you can't. No provocation, just an observation.
Last edited by RobP3 on Tue Sep 19, 2023 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Remember, if your life seems dull and boring - it is" Derek & Clive
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:36 am

Guys, is all this fighting really necesarry?

The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby RobP3 on Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:56 am

Lol, no fighting, just chat. But a (moving) picture is worth a thousand words
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Postby Bhassler on Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:37 am

Hi Rob,

In your experience, how reliable is punching power across Systema schools? Like, if I went up to a random at-least-somewhat-serious Systema practitioner from a local school and asked them to give me one in the chest or shoulder for education and laughs, how confident would you be that I would have a basis for understanding the power involved when looking at a casual demo like you put together here?
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Bao on Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:02 pm

RobP3 wrote: What makes you think that you are taken seriously anyway? I'm not in the least bit sour or grumpy, in fact, my guys find responses like yours funny, That's the guys on the video who can do things that I'm guessing you can't.

I don't really what you or your guys think or believe, and for the moment I have no time even to think about trying to prove myself. But assuming that someone can not do something show how limited the assumer's thinking, and view of the world, is. Usually I would expect people practicing martial arts to be open minded. However, I do take your request/question seriously, but still, I am more than reluctant to do anything if I know someone will approach it with a bad, negative attitude.

I have shared a few videos in the past, but mostly I only share things with people who I know are serious, and I have never refused to meet up with people. There are people lurking around who could tell you more about what I am good at and what I am not as good at.

I have appreciated a lot of what you have shown so far and I have also written positive comments about your videos. Right this time I didn't agree with everything. It still doesn't mean that I thought you were doing things bad, but probably just means that we look at things from different perspectives. What I wrote in the original post was not meant to minimize what you do, though I can understand that might have been what you felt I did. I also understand that your comment "a lot of deflection and strawman there" was a reaction to my clumsy wording. No one likes to feel minimized, so I apologize if that was the case.

Anyway, here I find your attitude reasonable, good for you that you wasn't provoked and tried to actually discuss and explain. And that is why I take time to write in this manner.

I wish you a good evening.
Peace!
Thoughts on Tai Chi (My Tai Chi blog)
- Storms make oaks take deeper root. -George Herbert
- To affect the quality of the day, is the highest of all arts! -Walden Thoreau
Bao
Great Old One

Postby RobP3 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 6:26 am

BH - I'd be concerned if they couldn't demo and explain that kind of punch, it's a standard / basic in our school

Bao - cheers
www.systemauk.com
RobP3
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links