Another one bites the dust

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Another one bites the dust

Postby origami_itto on Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:36 am

Trick wrote:
origami_itto wrote:
Trick wrote:if i not missremember, didnt you a short while ago post another link about your new teacher, in where he describe an encounder with a MMA fighter, in which he came to some sort of clearity on his push hand skill ?....any clip of that ? 8-)

You misremember or I missed that part because I have no idea what you're talking about.

I’m sorry it wasn’t you that posted that link/interview, I really did misremembered….happens now and then.
However you were enthusiastically participating in that thread.

Here it is - https://rumsoakedfist.org/viewtopic.php ... 751a443824

A noteworthy example emerged during Alex’s push-hands practice with one student who had extensive experience in MMA, Wing Chun, and other martial arts. This student favored going for leg grabs, a common wrestling technique. However, Alex ingeniously adapted Tai Chi principles to counter these moves effectively.

https://www.fallingleaveskungfu.com/202 ... alex-dong/

Not exactly fighting I think it was, but your teacher highlighted the -MMA- of the other guy in a way that have the sounding that he now have the skill for the ring…….but it might just be me who read it wrong.
Anyway the Dong family claim a “long” tradition of actual fighting, from the first generation taking on boxers in Thailand

Oh well there ya go. No I don't have any video of anything like that.

Look, I fight. I got criminal charges for fighting, as an adult in my 30s, I mean... y'all are barkin up the wrong tree if you think I don't believe in the martial efficacy of what I'm doing. Even if some of you don't know what a fight looks like.

Honestly, why do I even participate in this shithole any more? Y'all are ridiculous and take yourselves WAY too seriously.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:41 am

origami_itto wrote:Tai Chi teacher fails to show well

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C0s_dfFhEcI/

Him again? I'm pretty sure there are at least two other videos of this guy getting knocked out challenging kickboxers... He's a repeat offender.
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby Dmitri on Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:42 am

GrahamB wrote:

Him again? I'm pretty sure there are at least two other videos of this guy getting knocked out challenging kickboxers... He's a repeat offender.

Yep, that clip is at least a decade old.
Dmitri
Great Old One

Postby Trick on Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:44 am

origami_itto wrote:
Trick wrote:
Not exactly fighting I think it was, but your teacher highlighted the -MMA- of the other guy in a way that have the sounding that he now have the skill for the ring…….but it might just be me who read it wrong.
Anyway the Dong family claim a “long” tradition of actual fighting, from the first generation taking on boxers in Thailand

Oh well there ya go. No I don't have any video of anything like that.

Look, I fight. I got criminal charges for fighting, as an adult in my 30s, I mean... y'all are barkin up the wrong tree if you think I don't believe in the martial efficacy of what I'm doing. Even if some of you don't know what a fight looks like.

Honestly, why do I even participate in this shithole any more? Y'all are ridiculous and take yourselves WAY too seriously.
so what did you expect with posting the.vid in your OP ?
You write you felt amused - by the guys performance loss, was it that you expected, that the whole crowd should bark along together with you against the guy in the vid ?
I tell you what, the guy despite his loss in the ring is a winner any day of the week compare to - ”fair fights are for suckers” attitude that lead to criminal charges.
Trick
Huajing

Postby BruceP on Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:57 am

GrahamB wrote:

That's how it's done. But you wouldn't know anything about that...

With the proper tjq laboratory/training environment, go out and test, and then go back to the lab and replicate the points of failure. Find solutions.

In the early days of testing my tjq, I went to boxing gyms and talked shit about how a boxer can't hit a tai chi guy. I promised not to punch or clinch.

Dropped in on wrestlers and claimed a wrestler can't take down a tai chi guy and said I wouldn't grip, clinch or sprawl.

All the while, worked on groundfighting and get-ups.

There are only a couple of other ways that tjq can be trained as a fighting art, and none of them have anything to do with training to win.

Testing early and often to put the tjq into the body while not violating the principles and methods. Build up a group of fighty tai chi people and work from failure until tjq is every body's default recovery method. The layers of failure and recovery deepen and multiply exponentially within the group because everybody is a teacher - because no one is the teacher.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby GrahamB on Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:08 am

All I heard from that was "Whhaaaaa whhhhaaaa whhhaaaa" and an appeal to the authority of Yang Chengfu. Oh the irony.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:13 am

Trick wrote:I tell you what, the guy despite his loss in the ring is a winner any day of the week compare to - ”fair fights are for suckers” attitude that lead to criminal charges

Fights are fights and every fight is different, meh

Testing in sportive formats is just another level of sparring - nothing more and nothing less. If dude learned from his experiences, then that's on him.
Last edited by BruceP on Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby BruceP on Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:33 am

GrahamB wrote:All I heard from that was "Whhaaaaa whhhhaaaa whhhaaaa" and an appeal to the authority of Yang Chengfu. Oh the irony.

I might not know what a fight is supposed to look like, but I know what tai chi is supposed to look like. If expecting to see an adherence to the principles and methods is an appeal to authority, then that's why you wouldn't know anything about that.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:09 pm

Yes it interesting to see guys do things in pushing that would get you killed on the street
I didn’t go into boxing gyms because in the early 70’s they came to test you
If you had a Kung fu school in Chinatown in 1973 plenty of challengers came through the door
I didn’t have to go that far because I had plenty of mates ready to test what I was learning
The reason I went with my teacher was because he could make every aspect work
It works it’s just that most people aren’t willing to search out the real thing and put in the effort
I was challenged to put my questions to Dong and if I was on the same bit of land we would already be mates
I say that because every teacher I have had I have become his favorite student
Because I loved the art they taught and didn’t fail there teachings
This has little to do with me but is a blueprint for learning
If I offend some here that is my fault but also theirs because all I do is stick up for the art
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby BruceP on Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:56 pm

Always interesting to read about where and how you 'old timers' got your tjq.

I ran study groups for qigong and forms in aerobics rooms at a couple of fitness centers before opening my own training hall. One evening an older guy (70-ish y/o) dropped in to join our qigong and forms group at one of the fitness centers. He really liked what we were doing and asked to stay after everyone else had gone so we could do some pushing. That was the day he became my Wu teacher.

When I opened my training hall a few years later, we had 'open mat' every Sunday and there was a steady stream of guys from all backgrounds wanting to see what tai chi was about.
BruceP
Great Old One

Postby Doc Stier on Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:54 pm

The pathetic loser in the OP video is definitely NOT a TCC master. Videos like this, imo, are a malicious attempt by the video producer to denigrate and mock TCC as a fighting method. My novice level 5 year old grandson can already fight better than he did. ::)
Last edited by Doc Stier on Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"First in the Mind and then in the Body."
Doc Stier
Great Old One

Postby wayne hansen on Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:35 pm

I’m not saying just here
All over the internet people who claim they love Tai Chi are the first to post this crap
Those who know anything of Tai Chi as a fighting art know exactly where these people belong within the art
Don't put power into the form let it naturally arise from the form
wayne hansen
Wuji

Postby jimmy on Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:40 pm

ImageImageImage
jimmy
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:12 pm

The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Postby origami_itto on Sun Dec 17, 2023 5:30 pm

Personally I share stuff like this as a reminder to be evasive and avoid conflict.
I don't feel it has anything to do with what I do, so don't take it personally. It's just amusing to see how massively people overestimate themselves.

There's a running joke about women on first dates asking the guy to make a list of animals he thinks he could take in a fight.

Admit it... you're thinking about the bear.

I've made a lot of mistakes. I know y'all haven't. Criminal charges and tough moral choices. Most of them in the past. I earn a more honest living now and pass the time with Taijiquan instead of heavy risk activity. I'm pretty sure none of you are going to shoot me so the disagreements are annoying at best.

But let's see it, let's see people fighting with it, let's see YOU fighting with it. Let's see your form, let's see your pushing hands. Not how it was 20 years ago, what have you got today? How are you making taijiquan better? How are you helping it survive into the future?

I've got good money riding on the only thing you have to show here is bad manners, but I'd love to lose that bet. Discourage me, please, it just makes the whole kung fu underdog hero's journey all the more satisfying in the end, and it's such a better plotline than selling drugs to strippers.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

PreviousNext

Return to Video Links