Xing Yi Pi Quan "Square Form"

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Xing Yi Pi Quan "Square Form"

Postby Trick on Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:37 am

XYQ exercises are not about feeling ”powerful” within oneself as well as looking powerful for the onlookers is not the way, thats will for surw be a fail, especially when it comes to hand to hand combat encounters.
also playing skillfully with dead object and looking strong doing it is also a fail if one belive it has anything to do with combat.
XYQ is a very direct combat practice even when doing its solo exercises.
Trick
Huajing

Postby origami_itto on Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:03 am

XYQ exercises are not about feeling ”powerful” within oneself as well as looking powerful for the onlookers is not the way, thats will for surw be a fail, especially when it comes to hand to hand combat encounters.

You know you're reaching there. Don't get so hung up on language when we are working across native tongue boundaries. Particularly when you know damn well what I mean when I say someone is thinking their elements are looking good and powerful.

If you're engaging in a "hand to hand combat encounter" you have already failed.

I mean, ASIDE from the fact that 99.9% of people dropping "COMBAT" into their patter like some kind of Navy Seal are never going to take an oath and pick up a weapon, maybe we should just stop the LARP?

I've used it myself in the past, but honestly at this point it just sounds so cringe. It's what I expect to hear out of the dude with the belly lapping over his belt talking about all the times he used his EDC (Every Day Carry, a gun some people have to lug to the supermarket and restaurant like a security blanket) to defend himself because his life was in danger because, as it turns out, he saw a black guy minding his own business while dude was putting gas in his car in a "part of town he shouldn't have been in" and felt like he had to brandish his weapon.

Like dude if they were gonna get you you wouldn't see them coming.

Sorry... oddly specific.

In any case, your neurology and physiology obey the same rules in Chinese as in English, so I don't know why people think something magical or different happens just because you call it XINGYI.
Last edited by origami_itto on Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The form is the notes, the quan is the music
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby Trick on Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:47 am

yes, i think i got it, the american way, right ? 'dude' and motherfucker'and such.
yes i know those words were not intended directly toward me, but yet reading such here on RSF, well i dont know.

neurology, sure, we all basically built the same way, but in this thread its about what we are doing with this built in the context of practicing XYQ or something entirely else.
Trick
Huajing

Postby origami_itto on Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:44 am

Well I do apologize I tend to get kind of crass and vulgar at times. You should have seen me before.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Postby origami_itto on Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:47 am

Well I do apologize I tend to get kind of crass and vulgar at times. You should have seen me before.
Free Tai Chi Classes |
Atomic Taijiquan|FB|YT|
Twitch
origami_itto
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links