LHBF by Master Luk

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

LHBF by Master Luk

Postby Overlord on Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:59 am

Too bad i cant understand HKnese.

A small pitfall at 1:23 and 3:53, when he almost lost his balance sideway and forward.
I can never workout the hoarse voice, sounds like asthmatic breathing, but then there must be a purpose for it. Cool stuff! :)
Somehow, i felt like as if he can kill a person with his fingers. Seriously!
Last edited by Overlord on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Overlord

Re: LHBF by Master Luk

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:49 am

I don't understand the language, but you do get a feel for the essence of LHPF, and I guess IMA in general , Whole body connectedness in issuance of power. Fun stuff to see
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Chanchu on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:10 pm

Sifu Cliff Lok!

TMA and LHBF- very cool old time HK movie star check him out in the movie- " Choy Lay Fut".

:)
Last edited by Chanchu on Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chanchu
Great Old One

Postby Strange on Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:03 pm

totally unrelated but the vid somehow reminds me of:
"flag in the wind; fish in the sea".... later...
thanks
S
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

岳武穆王以枪为拳, 六合形意李门世根, 形意拳五行为先, 论身法六合为首,少揽闲事心田静, 多读拳谱武艺精 - 李洛能 (形意拳谱)
Strange
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:18 pm

Strange wrote:totally unrelated but the vid somehow reminds me of:
"flag in the wind; fish in the sea".... later...
thanks
S

even though there is no wind blowing the flag and know current for the fish to fight?
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:27 am

on stage demo, from san pan shi er shi:
first animal: bear pull/turn
second: tiger gush
third: leopard paw

i have not seen my teacher do any sort of breathing that sound like master lok but from the demo i think he can feel and use his internal organs (like xy wuxing) to expend jin.

later he say "shoulder, elbow, hand (wrist); neck, back(torso), waist; pelvic, knee, feet, all connected together... same its one punch, but is all connect i move him. very simple just this one punch..."

"some lhbf move very simple very relaxed to do it... like wave... very relaxed, but the force is like wave one after another....like this"

--

good try, but 风中旗;海里鱼 flag in the wind; fish in the sea is something like describing "we" we not care how care how strong is the wind or how violent is the sea, "we" just move according to you (and defeat you).
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Overlord on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:57 am

Strange wrote:on stage demo, from san pan shi er shi:

i have not seen my teacher do any sort of breathing that sound like master lok but from the demo i think he can feel and use his internal organs (like xy wuxing) to expend jin.

later he say "shoulder, elbow, hand (wrist); neck, back(torso), waist; pelvic, knee, feet, all connected together... same its one punch, but is all connect i move him. very simple just this one punch..."

"some lhbf move very simple very relaxed to do it... like wave... very relaxed, but the force is like wave one after another....like this"

--

good try, but 风中旗;海里鱼 flag in the wind; fish in the sea is something like describing "we" we not care how care how strong is the wind or how violent is the sea, "we" just move according to you (and defeat you).

Much is appreciated for the explanation! Thanks Strange!
I like the name of this seminar, Jue Xian Hui ( All saints)! :)
Last edited by Overlord on Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Overlord

Postby jjy5016 on Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:10 am

Reminds me a lot of yiquan.

But that's no big surprise.

The guy in the suspenders looked like he wanted to clean Luk's clock.
"I kew evibady. I squeegee him - like dis. STAND me?"
I'm always careful to lift the seat when IP
jjy5016
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:48 am

Strange wrote:on stage demo, from san pan shi er shi:

--

Thanks for the translation S, You recognize the animals very well, and Mister Lok does show very good body control , as he exaggerates to show the entire wave of energy, it seems this is the focus of a lot of his demos. I have always seen the wind and the wave as my opponents motion as I follow and flow with him , in this manner defeat is iminent, as you become aware of his movements ,you are able to actually get ahead of him and know his next move as you control him, it becomes your choice where/when to strike. You are quite right , thanks again.
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Strange on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:18 am

:) no problem, i did not know you also practice lhbf before

yes the lady stood up and ask about applications instead of making sounds to scare people...i dunno what to say...
for me its just shows the big mindset difference in those in ma and "civilian"... like they move around and not know
not know what its like to feel force
not know that these are movements that was here before you are born
not know a martial artist showing his best to interest you in a dying (touchwood!) art

yeah we make scary sounds, copy movements from animals, talk wu de and move funny.
must be dang feckin hilarious to some of you ppl huh
but let me tell you what - from the question you ask i gauge you patience and intelligence; eh... maybe next life.
the lhbf apps you saw; you will forget when you next listen to pop song.
Last edited by Strange on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:11 am

With those like yourself in this world LHPF will not die if while we are given the true art we will perpetuate the true art ,those who don't understand will not learn. When you mention the next pop song, your own impatience rears it's head , careful not to judge, besides kung fu is more like Jazz
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby kenneth fish on Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:22 pm

Actually, his Cantonese is pretty clear. Not sure about the rattle in the breathing though ....
I had wondered if this was the same gent who was a popular kung fu actor - thanks for clearing that up
A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
Friedrich Nietzsche
kenneth fish
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:55 pm

Curious, what is he saying/ explaining near the end when he is shaking the man in suspenders? Gotta learn some HKnese :-\
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:17 pm

Strange wrote::) no problem, i did not know you also practice lhbf before

yes the lady stood up and ask about applications instead of making sounds to scare people...i dunno what to say...
for me its just shows the big mindset difference in those in ma and "civilian"... like they move around and not know
not know what its like to feel force
not know that these are movements that was here before you are born
not know a martial artist showing his best to interest you in a dying (touchwood!) art

yeah we make scary sounds, copy movements from animals, talk wu de and move funny.
must be dang feckin hilarious to some of you ppl huh
but let me tell you what - from the question you ask i gauge you patience and intelligence; eh... maybe next life.
the lhbf apps you saw; you will forget when you next listen to pop song.

Ai ya strange, ma are civilians too or at least used to be civilians. Like anyone, she just understand in different depth. Had she experience the penetrating force first hand, she may think different about application altogether.
Overlord

Postby Strange on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:05 am

i dunno about jazz
i was thinking more to something like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkXs2efW1i8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ijb3VS3HP8
Last edited by Strange on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
天官指星 单对月 风摆荷叶 影成双

Strange
Great Old One

Next

Return to Video Links