Some intense kicks in this match

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Some intense kicks in this match

Postby Joe L. on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:21 pm

All through out and especially at 0:44 and 0:52. Not exactly moves I'd try to pull off but damn.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Re: Some intense kicks in this match

Postby mixjourneyman on Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:33 pm

wow.
Can't say its not effective though. :)
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:52 pm

pretty flashy. some really good timing.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby David Boxen on Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:10 pm

You'd think the guy in the white would have seen enough spinning kicks not to react by moving backwards.
We are not stuff that abides, but patterns that perpetuate themselves. - Norbert Wiener
David Boxen
Huajing

Postby middleway on Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:07 am

this guys been posted before. Apparently he has made his flashy style work in Numerous Full contact bouts.

Very quick and good timing.

Cheers
Chris
"I am not servant to the method, the method is servant to me"
Me

My Blog: http://www.martialbody.com/Blog-Research
middleway
Wuji

Postby lazyboxer on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:02 am

The red fellow is Ehsan Shafiq, an Afghan living in London. He's extremely flexible and has a spectacular fighting style, but one that is also vulnerable to close quarter takedowns and strikes - exactly what his opponent, billed as a Taekwondo man, doesn't have. (I did TKD long enough in the 70s to know how useless it is in a clinch). Watch, for instance, how white misses a golden opportunity to take his man down at 0.14 when red keeps his right knee cocked for a full second, opting instead for a flabby straight left and allowing red another kick. Any decent grappler would have eaten him alive, and the baguazhang takedowns and throws we are now training are also capable of doing serious damage. Other weaknesses displayed here are a lack of combinations and reliance on long-range techniques to create enough necessary kinetic energy; Thai boxing is vastly superior in both respects.
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Postby DeusTrismegistus on Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:23 pm

lazyboxer wrote:The red fellow is Ehsan Shafiq, an Afghan living in London. He's extremely flexible and has a spectacular fighting style, but one that is also vulnerable to close quarter takedowns and strikes - exactly what his opponent, billed as a Taekwondo man, doesn't have. (I did TKD long enough in the 70s to know how useless it is in a clinch). Watch, for instance, how white misses a golden opportunity to take his man down at 0.14 when red keeps his right knee cocked for a full second, opting instead for a flabby straight left and allowing red another kick. Any decent grappler would have eaten him alive, and the baguazhang takedowns and throws we are now training are also capable of doing serious damage. Other weaknesses displayed here are a lack of combinations and reliance on long-range techniques to create enough necessary kinetic energy; Thai boxing is vastly superior in both respects.

Everything has its weakness. AFAIK he has competed in san shou as well, there are some vids on his youtube of it. He usually does well.
I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a

bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. -- Winston Churchill
DeusTrismegistus
Wuji

Postby lazyboxer on Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:08 pm

DeusTrismegistus wrote:
lazyboxer wrote:The red fellow is Ehsan Shafiq, an Afghan living in London. He's extremely flexible and has a spectacular fighting style, but one that is also vulnerable to close quarter takedowns and strikes - exactly what his opponent, billed as a Taekwondo man, doesn't have. (I did TKD long enough in the 70s to know how useless it is in a clinch). Watch, for instance, how white misses a golden opportunity to take his man down at 0.14 when red keeps his right knee cocked for a full second, opting instead for a flabby straight left and allowing red another kick. Any decent grappler would have eaten him alive, and the baguazhang takedowns and throws we are now training are also capable of doing serious damage. Other weaknesses displayed here are a lack of combinations and reliance on long-range techniques to create enough necessary kinetic energy; Thai boxing is vastly superior in both respects.

Everything has its weakness. AFAIK he has competed in san shou as well, there are some vids on his youtube of it. He usually does well.

My comments were directed at the 1994 clip here, since when he's adapted his style very well and has become very versatile. He now often scores with throws and takedowns, and, significantly, aims his most dangerous and effective kicks at the lower limbs and midsection.
Living well is the best revenge.
lazyboxer
Great Old One

Return to Video Links