Wu Tai Sin Pushhands

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Wu Tai Sin Pushhands

Postby cdobe on Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:44 am

Wu Tai Sin was the son of Wu Jianquan's second son Wu Gongzhao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cwqQ9fHHD8
cdobe
Great Old One

Re: Wu Tai Sin Pushhands

Postby mixjourneyman on Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:06 am

He moves so aggressively for an old guy. Really good!!!!! :D
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Postby ppscat on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:29 am

Hi Chris,

I found this clip in the youtube channel where the above clip is posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX_lQFbv ... annel_page

It's Wong Tai Yeen, probably Wu Tai Sin in HK's chinese? though WTY seems to have a few more kilos. It's interesting to look at the differences with Ma Yueh Liang's school. It looks like a Yang guy performing Wu's long form. I would even say a Cheng Man Ching relaxed guy, but with a very detailed and precise arms moves. It's interesting to watch his more upright stance, less extended arms and (more) dropped elbows, a clearer silk thread pulling, some differences in leg stances though keeping weight in a single leg, etc.

Haven't seen this way of performing Wu's forms in the web. Is it just Wong Tai Yeen's unique way or is there a branch of the style I'm not aware of?

Last edited by ppscat on Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
ppscat
Anjing

Postby cdobe on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:24 am

Hi Pablo,
Wu Tai Sin is already Cantonese and he was never fat ;) , so the guy in the other video is definately not him.

You're right that this performance is not typical for Wu style. When I first stumbled upon it, I stopped watching it after the first "Grasp Bird's Tail". From the few moves I watched, I can see that he does many things in a way that other Taiji styles execute the postures. It's lacking the characteristics that you usually see in Wu stylists regardless of the branch they're coming from.

I personally don't like it.

All the best
Chris

ppscat wrote:Hi Chris,

I found this clip in the youtube channel where the above clip is posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX_lQFbv ... annel_page

It's Wong Tai Yeen, probably Wu Tai Sin in HK's chinese? though WTY seems to have a few more kilos. It's interesting to look at the differences with Ma Yueh Liang's school. It looks like a Yang guy performing Wu's long form. I would even say a Cheng Man Ching relaxed guy, but with a very detailed and precise arms moves. It's interesting to watch his more upright stance, less extended arms and (more) dropped elbows, a clearer silk thread pulling, some differences in leg stances though keeping weight in a single leg, etc.

Haven't seen this way of performing Wu's forms in the web. Is it just Wong Tai Yeen's unique way or is there a branch of the style I'm not aware of?

cdobe
Great Old One

Postby Yuen-Ming on Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:30 am

cdobe wrote:Hi Pablo,
Wu Tai Sin is already Cantonese and he was never fat

Ng Tai Sin is cantonese.
The Wu (Ng) family in HK often keeps the mandarin family name spelling simply because that's more recognizable, but Wu (mandarin) reads (spells) Ng in cantonese.

Wong Tai Heen was/is a disciple of Wu (Ng) Tai Chai, I think

YM
Yuen-Ming
Huajing

Postby cdobe on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:44 am

Yuen-Ming wrote:
cdobe wrote:Hi Pablo,
Wu Tai Sin is already Cantonese and he was never fat

Ng Tai Sin is cantonese.
The Wu (Ng) family in HK often keeps the mandarin family name spelling simply because that's more recognizable, but Wu (mandarin) reads (spells) Ng in cantonese.

Wong Tai Heen was/is a disciple of Wu (Ng) Tai Chai, I think

YM

Sorry, I was sloppy in my response. Thanks for pointing it out.

CD
cdobe
Great Old One

Return to Video Links