two new vids

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: two new vids

Postby mrtoes on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:02 pm

Snappy! Respect for posting vids of you training yr hsing i, I wouldn't dare to do it myself (plus would be an embarrassment to my teacher if he saw it ;) )

Especially like the pi chuan. With both forms I'd like to see a bit more composure and clear intent from the beginning to the end of the form, including when you "gather your energy" at the beginning and end. Not signalling your next move with your face would also be part of that. Hey I was training today and was told it was damn obvious which hand was coming up next (I practically waved it in the guys face before hitting), you're not the only one! With the other clip I thought there was a bit too much wind up/over extension in preparation for the wood (?) punch, especially the second time you did it.

I should video myself practising, just so I can see how wonky my forms are! Difficult to tell unless you can see from the outside.

I'd also like to see you do a few lines up and down if you get the chance and have the inclination!

Cheers,

Matthew.
mrtoes
Wuji

Re: two new vids

Postby mixjourneyman on Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Thanks for the comments. The wind up for sparrow was on purpose. I was trying to show power from moving the shoulder blades (one of my big current paradigms).
mixjourneyman
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links