Great Taiji masters demo

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Great Taiji masters demo

Postby ors on Mon May 26, 2008 4:59 am

Wu Tunan, Chen Xiaowang, Yang Zhenduo, Wu Yinghua, Sun Jianyun...

Enjoy!

Örs
Last edited by ors on Mon May 26, 2008 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
ors
Wuji

Re: Great Taiji masters demo

Postby Andy_S on Mon May 26, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks Ors, nice piece of footage. Impressive perf by all, bar Wu Tunan.

I must confess I don't 'get' his Taiji. Does his "lineage" continue - are there any students carrying on his stuff?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby ashe on Mon May 26, 2008 6:41 pm

Andy_S wrote:Thanks Ors, nice piece of footage. Impressive perf by all, bar Wu Tunan.

I must confess I don't 'get' his Taiji. Does his "lineage" continue - are there any students carrying on his stuff?

i remember an article in tai chi mag awhile back that had an interview with somebody named yang yang who was doing it.
discipline, concentration & wisdom
----------------------------------------
http://fallingleaveskungfu.com/
Facebook
Instagram
ashe
Great Old One

Postby ors on Tue May 27, 2008 12:15 am

Well, Andy!

I am not a big fun of Wu Tunan either. I would say I just couldn't understand his taiji, and that is the minimum...
But who I am...

Ashe!

Are you sure in the name? Feng Zhiqiang shiye has a quite famous student in the US, who called Yang Yang... I am sure he was sometime interviewed by the Taichi Magaazin either...

My first thought was Ma Youqing as his disciple as well. Thanks Tom for the vids!
As I understand they emphasize the "shen training" part of taiji, and the use of the "Yi". "Use yi, don't use li!"

Örs
ors
Wuji

Postby kreese on Tue May 27, 2008 4:45 am

I don't think it was Yang Yang. Dr. Yang Yang (PhD thesis on taiji/qigong) teaches Chen style in Champaign, Il and lectures nationwide. You can read (most of) the T'ai Chi Mag article here:

http://www.chentaiji.com/articles/coremethods.html

I remember a series of articles in T'ai Chi Mag on the "fighting form" of Wu Tunan. It sounded impressive, and there were some pictures of Wu Tunan apparently tossing his PH partners.
Last edited by kreese on Tue May 27, 2008 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Ignore the comments, people will bitch about anything." - Ian
kreese
Great Old One

Postby Walk the Torque on Tue May 27, 2008 8:31 pm

Looks as if Wu Tunan has taken alot of unecessary movement out of his form. I really like what he does. It also seems as if he is using a kind of crossover whip in the moves, a bit like Sun Lu Tang's.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Return to Video Links