football hooligans

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

football hooligans

Postby yusuf on Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:23 pm

hi

check out from 8.23 onwards.. the reality of mass violence..

yusuf
[Seeking and not seeking are the problem...]
lol, there really isn't a problem at all
yusuf
Great Old One

Re: football hooligans

Postby Walk the Torque on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Yeah, the beautiful game eh?

What was breifly touched on there was the organization of such 'events'. There is also some assistence from venue holders that quite frankly don't care whos life they screw up as long as they can make a buck out of it.

Also,I think growing up in this culture is one of the things that made Bagua so appealing to me.
Last edited by Walk the Torque on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Walk the Torque
Great Old One

Postby RobP2 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:10 pm

If you grew up in certain places in the 70s it was just a fact of life, even away from the football grounds. Yes, it did get very organised and the "mindless thug" was largely a media stereotype. Add in all the youth cults and the political unrest of the 70/80s and it was quite an "interesting time"!
"If your life seems dull and boring - it is" - Derek & Clive
http://www.systemauk.com/
RobP2
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:32 pm

Considering how long football hooliganism has been happening on a relatively widespread basis, it seems to me that it would be fairly easy to avoid putting oneself in a situation where one would be likely to become a victim-- i.e. don't go to games, etc. Am I missing something? It's fine to say "I should be able to go to a game or walk the streets in safety," but given that it's NOT safe and everybody knows it, why go? If people would just stop going and let their local billionaire team owners know that the reason they're losing huge sums of money is because of hooliganism, I suspect it would be stopped pretty quickly.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:08 pm

The reality of mass violence:

The ideology behind it isn't important. You could compare this to hooliganism, or the lynching of 'blacks' not so long ago, or happy slapping.

What's important, IMO, is that serious training is informed by reality.
Last edited by Ian on Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ian

Return to Video Links