Nice TJQ technique/PH

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Nice TJQ technique/PH

Postby Fubo on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:38 pm

Cheers, Mix.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby velalavela on Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:47 pm

I think you just have to do both.

You have to drill techniques so they become second nature and you don't have to think about them or which one to apply in any given situation. But you have to practice and understand the concepts and methods so that also becomes second nature.

Then you can apply the techniques and cope for all the variations of movement and position that happen when you are dealing with a 'live' situations as oposed to going ove the same technique in the same predetermined way.

That woudld be the case in any MA be it Tai Chi or boxing.

But I'm pretty sure you guys are all thinking that anyway and I'm sure those points have been done to death on many MA forums including this one....

PS.
They are pretty nice clips of PH even if they were posted before.
velalavela
Anjing

Postby Nick C on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:33 pm

The guys in white are very good at getting an arm hugging around the back of their opponent - which sets up throws really well (the other guys are equally not very good at preventing them doing this). Without the means to use head and neck as leverage points (understandably in competition of course) it is very difficult to prevent the opponent winning if they have an arm in this position and you dont.

They also are very well practiced at the quick win take downs - where as the opponents strike me as practitioners who dont specifically train for competitions and probably just do push hands in classes. I agree with previous opinions that this would probably include stopping short of finishing moves which are critical in this sort of competition.

This is a nice example of how serious training for this sort of competition and conditions puts you miles ahead of everyone else :)
Nick C
Anjing

Previous

Return to Video Links