Jack depsey Vs Firpo

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Jack depsey Vs Firpo

Postby tsurugi on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Can't find the exact moment I was thinking of but you can see it here at 23 seconds and 29 seconds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdvdFYVmjgM&feature=related

Notice how the ward off covers his shifting weight to hin other foot so he can post on that for the counter left which then comes in at Hatton at a different angle than if he'd just thrown a 1-2.
Last edited by tsurugi on Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsurugi
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:16 pm

You still see the ward-off on the speedbag occassionally. I think some people don't fool with it because of the boogeyman of the backfist strike, discouraged under the rules. As a defense, warding off is fine, of course, as in the video you posted, but what I surmise is people don't want to train in a reflex that can get them into trouble.

Yes, I'm guessing.
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Postby klonk on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 pm

Apropos of nothing particularly, I find it humorous when Asian martial artists diss boxing as unintelligent attempts by brutal men to pound each other into the floor. I take exception to the word "unintelligent."
I define internal martial art as unusual muscle recruitment and leave it at that. If my definition is incomplete, at least it is correct so far as it goes.
klonk
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links