Wang yinghai's grandson doing dai

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Wang yinghai's grandson doing dai

Postby BonesCom on Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 pm

More from the wang yinhai camp:

I don't know, it always seems these guys don't take large enough steps, maybe it's just a style thing but I'm taught to take a step that is ~1 1/2 times the length of my foot. On a related note they don't squat as much as we do, the lower you squat the longer the step. He also looks like he is bunching up his shoulders and doesn't fully expand. And I don't know about the leishen either...
BonesCom
Huajing

Re: Wang yinghai's grandson doing dai

Postby xXZetaBrownXx on Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:04 am

... :)
Last edited by xXZetaBrownXx on Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
xXZetaBrownXx
Santi

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:18 pm

xXZetaBrownXx wrote:come on man...
if i posted a clip of your gm and said "oh, he takes to big of steps, and he blahblahblah, and he..." you'd shit a brick.
what are you trying to say anyways?
either 1: be a man and just say he sucks.
or 2: be respectful and just say its different than the way you do it.
i just don't like this "the way we do it is the right way and anything a asshair away from it is wrong and that sucks" attitude.
now please dont take this all too personal.
im just trying to make a point, and you almost have to expect it with comments like that.
the only reason im even saying anything was because i was gonna post the clip this morning and than saw it up.
cant you see anything good in the clip?
if you cant, maybe thats the problem and you should consider to take your head out of the box its in.
what is wang yinghai famous for?
i dont think jimmy hendirx got famous because he was bad at what he did.
but i dont know squat about the guitar so...
i also dont have 20million posts either so either im a troll and nothing i say is valid.
on a side note im not sure if that is wang yinghai's grandson either as i have met him and this is not the person i met.
he could have 50 grandchildren though...

Since this is about what I train in, I think I will comment and I should mention I teach James which posted the video. Here is my comments on the clip.

I think his stepping is too short as well, all Dai Xin Yi Quan's hu bu zhuang (tiger stance) should be 1 1/2 feet (as in the length of ones foot) in length from the rear heal to the front toe. If you do not squat low then this will be hard to achieve unless you are reaching out with your foot. You still need to maintain "chai jin" tredding force, which is the rolling from the front heel to toe, instead of stamping the foot down, which is a no/no.

The lei shen pitch is very high and often does not coordinate with the movements, which leads to me that it is partly coming from the throat or voice, which is not correct in my opinion. Lei shen (thunder/lightening) has different stages too as you progress from beginner to advance. At the higher stages, it does not make much of a noise (I really cannot explain this in words it is something you need to hear for yourself).

Another thing how he shu/zhan's very rapidly many times we do not practice in this manner, but of course you can deliver at any time, but not in practice. Rou jin should be emphasised at all stages of development, even when you are at the lin dong level.

I guess you are part of the Xin Yi Dao crew as you mentioned that master Wang Yin Hai is your Shiye, so I guess master Li Tai Liang is your Shifu? Nice to meet you, I am not sure if I remember you posting before?

I have met master Wang and his family in Shanxi, I guess around 3 years ago. They were very hospitable to me when I was there, master Wang can no longer really demonstrate or practice any more, though his grandsons did (I don't recall meeting the man on the video either). James is right it is a very different flavour, but interesting none the less, from my memory they did some si ba and wu xing quan for me.

Wang Yinhai is most famous for being the last living student of Dai Kui as you should know, he and Wang Buchang were Dai Kui's youngest students when he passed and Wang continued his training with Gao Shenzhen and others after Dai Kui's passing.

I don't think it is right for someone not being able to speak their mind. If I put up a clip of my Shifu, Yan Long Chang and someone does not like it, that is fine, for me and for people that have met him and had 1st hand experience training with him, we know for ourselves what skills he possesses. Some anonymous person in some location in the world making comments does not change my resolve in training in the art that I train in.

If I don't see something in a clip like the one above then I think if I have the right to comment if I feel inclined.

I did not say it is the worse Dai I have ever seem cause it ain't, but I do not think it is that great. Also this clip being up does not have to represent the skill level of the practitioners in your line, he is one of many people and just because one is a family member does not mean he is going to be the best.

Regards

DZQ
Last edited by Dai Zhi Qiang on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby jack coffee on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Last edited by jack coffee on Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack coffee
Santi

Postby BonesCom on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:02 pm

xXZetaBrownXx wrote:... :)

Wow ZetaBrown that was quite an over-reaction. To be truthful my first statement holds, I don't know. Haven't been training long enough to crtically evaluate this video. No I don't think he sucks, I like seeing as many dai clips as I can, if you want the truthful opinion of an ignorant noob then yeah I don't think wang yinhai's crew have a patch on yan longchang, sorry if that upsets your delicate sensibilites, if I could I'd give you a tissue to dry those tears. Fame don't mean shit if you think it does you're a fool, people don't JUST get famous for being good.

Oh and thanks Jon, aiya!
BonesCom
Huajing

Postby Jarek on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:07 pm

Dai Zhi Qiang wrote:Wang Yinhai is most famous for being the last living student of Dai Kui (...).

Jon, I believe Ren Dahua, another disciple of Dai Kui, is still around too. AFAIK he's in his mid-90s now.

Jarek
Jarek
Great Old One

Return to Video Links