Practical apps

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Practical apps

Postby Simon on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:52 am

Simon
Wuji

Re: Practical apps

Postby Andy_S on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:31 am

I like Spour's material a lot more than much of the RBSD out there for his simple and effective strategy: Fight in with multiple palms and elbows, aiming to get head control for the take down and/or disable.And it is all hard-wired with an aggressive, fight-finishing mind mode. Technically, I'd say he needs more footwork, low kicks and knee, but I wouldn't want to ruck with him.

A practical and realistic approach to self-defense, with a get-the-job done attitude. (Which is very different to most self-defense classes: "He grabs you, so you lock his wrist, then after you have taken him down and submitted him, you run away..." etc, etc, etc)
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Simon on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:23 am

Hi Andy

I agree out of all the Reality Stuff its really stands out for me as pure practicality. I measure myself against how my training would fare.

Completely agree wouldnt want to mess with him I prefer his stuff than Geoff Thompson though Geoff can certainly do the business.
Simon
Wuji

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:26 am

I think the most important part of this clip , moreso than any of the techniques, although they are very good and very practical, but the most important thing is almost covered by the music. " The last thing they expect, believe me the last thing, is any kind of response, particularly an aggressive response"', this to me says it all. Even in the wild, predators prey on the week, any kind of agressive response will at the very least surprise an attacker and give you a split second opportunity to do with what you will in effort to escape being "dinner"
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Return to Video Links