Feng Zheng Bao Xingyi Quan

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Feng Zheng Bao Xingyi Quan

Postby Xingyifan on Fri May 15, 2009 7:50 am

Xingyifan
Santi

Re: Feng Zheng Bao Xingyi Quan

Postby Xingyifan on Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 am

Also some bagua zhang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxJ7DX6FyqI&NR=1

And the clip I'm sure most have seen already :-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8yCwikaU4s&NR=1
Xingyifan
Santi

Postby BonesCom on Sat May 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Xingyifan wrote:And the clip I'm sure most have seen already :-P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8yCwikaU4s&NR=1

Here's a random question:
So in this video around 2:20 it looks like he is practicing the pi quan hand movement alone (or with a little forward step), as a noob I can see the benefit of doing this, you know, sort out the hands first then combine that with stepping. Why do you think he practices like this as an accomplished practitioner? Surely the benefit he gains from this could also be gained with practicing the stepping movement. I guess the way I view my training is that at the beginning I'm having to do a lot of this sort of practice, small single movements working up to, for instance, wuxing quan with stepping and once I can do that then all of the benefits I got from the single movement practice I will get simultaneously from the wuxing quan, therefore once I have reached a certain level I can just practice the full wuxing quan obviating the need for the single movement practice. Just musing, what do you guys think? What do you do in your training?
BonesCom
Huajing

Postby Josealb on Sat May 16, 2009 6:23 pm

You mean the full advancing step? because he is stepping there, it has its benefits...like the work done on the back leg (it stays bent always) and the whole strike, step back, strike again (you see that in Hou Xing).

Also, that is not his personal training. There's a camera there, and he shows what he wants to show. ;)
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby BonesCom on Sun May 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Josealb wrote:Also, that is not his personal training. There's a camera there, and he shows what he wants to show. ;)

Fair one
BonesCom
Huajing

Postby Xingyifan on Sun May 17, 2009 4:30 pm

It's not video of his personal practice, the clip is actually taken from an instructional dvd he made. I haven't had any luck finding a copy for sale anymore though :P
Xingyifan
Santi

Return to Video Links