Throws and projections

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Throws and projections

Postby Frazetta on Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Hey Dan, you seem open to new ideas by the looks of your training. When I talk about simultaneous, I am talking about the same hand controlling/parrying the opponents hand while striking them (with the same hand). It doesn't retract before either and the parry becomes the strike. I am talking about a "One" motion as opposed to block then strike or even blocking with one hand and striking with the other at the same time. In my experience it requires an idea of "elbow" (which means the elbow becomes the center in a manner of speaking & controls theirs). It also, IME, requires more of a spiral energy (though the elbow always remains down). Anyway, some food for thought, perhaps, or something to try (that is if you haven't already). Good luck.
Frazetta
Anjing

Postby Dan Djurdjevic on Sat May 30, 2009 9:46 pm

Ah. That is a different type of "simultaneous" that I intend to cover in Part 2 of my article. I do a lot of this kind of deflecting/striking.
Dan Djurdjevic
Mingjing

Postby Dan Djurdjevic on Sun May 31, 2009 5:23 am

Interestingly enough, here is another drill that involves interception/deflection, control and counter with the same arm. Not what you'd call simultaneous, but a variation on the theme in the above videos.

It is being done closed fist, but it can be done open hand as well.

Last edited by Dan Djurdjevic on Sun May 31, 2009 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Djurdjevic
Mingjing

Previous

Return to Video Links