xylhq

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

xylhq

Postby somatai on Tue May 26, 2009 4:02 pm

just learned this little turn yesterday. I believe it is a swallow flavor added to dragon for the turn (second part of clip)

somatai

Re: xylhq

Postby Brady on Tue May 26, 2009 6:57 pm

Derek, whats the hand twirl about?
Brady
Wuji

Postby somatai on Tue May 26, 2009 7:00 pm

that is the swallow bit......many changes in that, plus it is a good way to work the shoulders and connect the hands to the waist
somatai

Postby Josealb on Tue May 26, 2009 7:53 pm

xylh flavor kicking in, nice.
Man carcass in alley this morning...
Josealb
Great Old One

Postby Joe L. on Tue May 26, 2009 9:21 pm

I've never been too eager to want to train XYLHQ full on, but each time I see demonstrations of it I always think if I was to ever learn one bit of it I'd grab up that first move from 0:00 to 0:02 (head smashes tombstone?).

You make it look like it would ruin your day to get rocked with that head butt ;D Very nice stuff. Thanks for sharing your progress with this stuff.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby Dai Zhi Qiang on Wed May 27, 2009 1:25 am

Brady wrote:Derek, whats the hand twirl about?

This move is peng ba da pi (not sure on the spelling). I never learnt this hand twirl thing when Iearn't it.

JB
Dai Zhi Qiang
Great Old One

Postby somatai on Wed May 27, 2009 6:59 am

ba da pi ? kool....i am never sure of the names, the shape as i understand is "big dragon shape".....the hand twirling what i am thinking is a "swallow" energy is just one way to change directions, i have learned several others, but i must say it changes the energy of the transition in an interesting way, very much accentuates the rising and falling feel.
somatai

Postby ors on Thu May 28, 2009 1:23 am

Derek!

That was cool enough! Maybe you should take care a little bit more to your rear leg... It seems that the force is not coming up continously from your actual rear leg...

Örs
ors
Wuji

Return to Video Links