Yin Fu Bagua: Luohan Fist

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Yin Fu Bagua: Luohan Fist

Postby Bob on Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:43 am

I don't know if this was posted previously; if so, apologies in advance. I think it was but nonetheless up it goes. [they are marked March, 2009].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4-Jaucs ... annel_page

Yin Fu Bagua: FuHu LuoHan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh8LPEWh ... re=channel

Bob
Great Old One

Re: Yin Fu Bagua: Luohan Fist

Postby oldtyger on Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Hmmm. The first clip is the same form called Paochui or Cannon Fist or the 64 in Gong Baozhai lineage. Movements are a little different, less low postures, but essentially the same.

The second clip is a form I do not recognize in that sequence. The movements I've seen before in parts of other forms. My forms are a bit rusty so maybe someone else can recognize this one.

Does anyone know who this is and lineage? Gong Baozhai had some disciples in mainland China before he moved to Taiwan.

Rich
oldtyger
Mingjing

Postby shawnsegler on Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:10 pm

Rich...it's the wang ming che line, I'm pretty sure. Their stuff is very "fight-y"

Best,

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby taiwandeutscher on Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:57 am

Yes, the younger gongfu brother of my teacher, in the line of Gong Baotian, Wang Mingqu, recorded on Chaishan, Firewood-mountain, in Gaoxiong, southern Taiwan. But please beware, wild maquac monkeys!
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby count on Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:08 am

Does anyone else think this is the same form as the lohan clip? Looks familiar in a way, to me. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woED7nQjX2Y

Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby Bob on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:33 am

You'll get no argument from me.
Bob
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:49 am

The first two clip are performed by a student of Wong Ming-Chui in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Wong was a student of Gong Bao-Tien for two years in Shangtung. He relocated to Taiwan in the 40s and taught a number of students.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby taiwandeutscher on Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:39 am

C.J.Wang wrote:The first two clip are performed by a student of Wong Ming-Chui in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Wong was a student of Gong Bao-Tien for two years in Shangtung. He relocated to Taiwan in the 40s and taught a number of students.

In fact, Wang Mingqu was a rather young live-in student for a bit more than 3 years, often also taught by Gong Baotian's daughter and other advanced desciples.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby C.J.Wang on Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:35 am

taiwandeutscher wrote:
C.J.Wang wrote:The first two clip are performed by a student of Wong Ming-Chui in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Wong was a student of Gong Bao-Tien for two years in Shangtung. He relocated to Taiwan in the 40s and taught a number of students.

In fact, Wang Mingqu was a rather young live-in student for a bit more than 3 years, often also taught by Gong Baotian's daughter and other advanced desciples.

My Bagua teacher's friend went to school in Kaohsiung with one of Wang's disciples; and according to him, Wang's family was rich and they spent a great deal of money to invite Gong Bao-Tien and his family to come and stay with theirs for two years -- ok, maybe it was three. ;D
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby taiwandeutscher on Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:00 am

[quote="C.J.Wang

My Bagua teacher's friend went to school in Kaohsiung with one of Wang's disciples; and according to him, Wang's family was rich and they spent a great deal of money to invite Gong Bao-Tien and his family to come and stay with theirs for two years -- ok, maybe it was three. ;D[/quote]

Yeah, and I'm an indoor with the 1st desciple of Wang, Dr. Jin Chunzhu. Can only tell you what he tells us. 8-)

PS: I love your little dog, I myself picked uo a German mini schnauzer from the road in Qishan, same size, lol.
Last edited by taiwandeutscher on Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby count on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:12 am

Bob wrote:You'll get no argument from me.

No one else either, I guess.

So Gong Baotian had his wife and his daughter teach many of his students. Is it true that Gong was married to one of Yin Fu's daughters?
Live it or live with it.
count
Great Old One

Postby shawnsegler on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:48 am

We're all just variations on the same thing. That being said, I'd say the GBZ, LYC and WMC lines seem more recognizably the same than what I've seen of the WZF line.

S
I prefer
You behind the wheel
And me the passenger
shawnsegler
Great Old One

Postby hopgarsansau on Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:27 pm

theres footage of wang ming che doing the set himself on www.baguapalm.org
hopgarsansau
Mingjing

Postby taiwandeutscher on Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:41 am

hopgarsansau wrote:theres footage of wang ming che doing the set himself on http://www.baguapalm.org

No, no, you must be mistaken, no films of Wang Mingqu, only his 2nd desciple there!
Pctures of him, and his grave, where my gongfu brothers and sisters have cleaned up this spring again, for Grave Sweeping day.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby hopgarsansau on Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:03 am

NVM they took it off. there was black and white footage of Wang doing pao chui before
hopgarsansau
Mingjing

Next

Return to Video Links