Bagua Qi Gong

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Bagua Qi Gong

Postby Bob on Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:55 pm

Does anyone do a similar set of bagua qi gong walking with their 8 mother palms? I do a set that starts with the kidneys, back, lungs, waist (yao) and liver with changes being done in one direction on the circle (I do about 64 steps per posture) and I change direction on the circle by doing a T step, then,in a static position, lung to back, direction changed, and start again with kidney, back, lungs, waist (yao) and liver. In the system I use (Gong Bao Tian-->Liu Yun Qiao--->Tony Yang) all of the postures have the hands as symmetrical to both side and the waist is turned slightly toward the circle. This makes these ideal for using rings on the arms and walking on bricks.

I also can practice this on a straight line utilizing the mud sliding step.

The idea is similar to something found in this clip [says this is from the Liang style].

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylN3fc6YJq8

Last edited by Bob on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bob
Great Old One

Re: Bagua Qi Gong

Postby Hakkesho on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:25 pm

Bob,

This is not Liang style bagua or maybe she watched a video of Zhang Quan liang and then copied it. She cannot walk... but some of the hand positions are similar to what we have in our Ding shi ba zhang, or 8 fixed palms, which by the way is not considered to be a form of Qi Gong but rather, the very basic work when you get started with bagua zhang.

Michael
Hakkesho
Mingjing

Postby Dr.Rob on Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:04 am

Micheal I beleive you correct I have seen this form many times as a basic begnners set...or supposedly the set that Dong Hong taugh all of his disciples that they then went off and created their own variants...Mother Palm Form....and yes she sucks toe or is very new to the game. But since I believe that anyone has the right to do martial arts and then perform it. We can only encourage not criticize, since we were all beginners at one time or another.....but shit I never would have posted it to youtube...
Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Postby oldtyger on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:04 pm

I agree with both of the above comments. That looks just like Mother Palms circle walking. A lot of people seem to think that circle walking is a form of qigong--I think I have read this in more than a few articles and books. However my experience with 2 different Yin style lineages seems contrary to this belief. Both lineages, although very different from each other, have their own unique specific qigong methods which has nothing to do with circle walking. That said, one of the lineages does feel strongly that the mother palms are connected to different organ meridians and that dedicated practice of these specifically for health can have beneficial effects.

Personally I've always found circle walking to have an energetic effect on me but I don't know how beneficial it really is compared to specific qigong methods. Might just be the "circle walker's high" and endorphin release.

I also agree with that woman's awful circle walking. I know nothing of Liang style but bagua walking is bagua walking, regardless of style, and she can't do it right.

Rich
oldtyger
Mingjing

Postby Leimeng on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:32 pm

~ That hurt my eyes just to look at....
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

I stayed up all night so that I could watch the sun rise, and it finally dawned on me!

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)
Leimeng
Huajing

Return to Video Links