xylhq - 13 Ba

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

xylhq - 13 Ba

Postby somatai on Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:16 pm

very nice play......this is very very close to the flavor that I am learning. My teacher sent me this link and said it was connected to shun shao fu......any chinese readers that can give me more info on what it says would be appreciated.

http://v.ku6.com/show/-ccJDnW8QHrwpRkS.html
Last edited by somatai on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
somatai

Re: xylhq

Postby somatai on Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:12 pm

I have learned many of these, but a few I had not yet seen.......it is nice to see.
somatai

Re: xylhq - 13 Ba

Postby somatai on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:07 pm

where is the luv for xylhq?
somatai

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:20 pm

The whole clip is great, that guy looks like a beast. One can really see the different 'shenfa' (torso method) in the strike @ 03:20 if you look at the lumbar spine from beginning to end.

The 2nd strike at 00:42 looks like bagua's unicorn representative posture and strike - 'qilin spits out the truth'. Some other bagua-esque moves in there as well like the one that looks like 9 palace stepping with a 'chuan' penetrating strike at 03:47.

One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby D_Glenn on Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:45 pm

2nd move at 00:42 - 'di yi ba' (number 1 'guard')--- 摇闪把 'yao shan ba' (swinging, dodging guard).

(number 6 guard)- @ 03:20 -- 串 'chuan quan ba' (chain fist guard)

(number 7 ) -@ 03:47 -- (sparrowhawk enters the forest).

Last edited by D_Glenn on Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One part moves, every part moves; One part stops, every part stops.

YSB Internal Chinese Martial Arts Youtube
D_Glenn
Great Old One

Postby Brady on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:23 am

I really enjoyed that. I like how alot of the exercises I've learned he does with a different flavor that gives me something to think about it.

Its nice to see this training out of the lower basin, so that I don't feel like a slacker for not always staying so low 8-)
Brady
Wuji

Postby Bodywork on Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:32 pm

somatai wrote:where is the luv for xylhq?

Well I -really-liked the video of your teacher and I hope to cancel a class to come out and train with you all. I also liked the recent video as well.
Bodywork

Postby somatai on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:09 am

Bodywork wrote:
somatai wrote:where is the luv for xylhq?

Well I -really-liked the video of your teacher and I hope to cancel a class to come out and train with you all. I also liked the recent video as well.

glad to hear it....you two would have much to in common in your training ideas I suspect.....now if you weren't so dam impossible to get a hold of we could make it happen....doesn't have to be a saturday
somatai

Return to Video Links