Aikido vs. Jiu-jitsu

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Aikido vs. Jiu-jitsu

Postby grzegorz on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:43 pm

Ba-men wrote: In my area Bagua is a joke! Am I to believe that all bagua practitioners are lame? Hmmmmm?

Until someone shows you otherwise who can blame you?

Btw, I've never seen or heard about O'sensei rolling around with and or strangling people, I could be wrong but it sounds like this school you're talking about has mixed Judo and Aikido. Which is what Jason De Lucia in this video has done after competing in the UFC.

Anyway how does an Aikido challenge go? Is it anything goes? Are strikes allowed? Is it like MMA rules? Who determines who wins or loses?
Last edited by grzegorz on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire
grzegorz
Wuji

Postby XiaoXiong on Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:38 pm

That was a mess.
J
Truth enlightens the mind, but won't always bring happiness to the heart.
XiaoXiong
Great Old One

Postby Ba-men on Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:14 pm

grzegorz wrote:
Ba-men wrote: In my area Bagua is a joke! Am I to believe that all bagua practitioners are lame? Hmmmmm?

Until someone shows you otherwise who can blame you?

Btw, I've never seen or heard about O'sensei rolling around with and or strangling people, I could be wrong but it sounds like this school you're talking about has mixed Judo and Aikido. Which is what Jason De Lucia in this video has done.

Anyway how does an Aikido challenge go? Is it anything goes? Are strikes allowed? Is it like MMA rules? Who determines who wins or loses?

You get that I was being a Smart Azz...right? (on the issue of Bagua being a joke.... Of course I don't think bagua is a joke, but I'm smart enough...( I should say mature enough.....that's fits better....) to know that just because its not taught seriously in my area that doesn't mean its a bogus art. .

Yes the school is a hybrid of Judo and Karate but the main focus is Aikido. However, most of the Aikido Dojo in the southern Michigan area (Metro Detroit, i.e. Farmington, Troy and even Ann Arbor) are a blend of either Judo and Aikido or Jujitsu and Aikido.... Again... I've never experienced a Aikido school that did not push "Katame Waza" Sorry, all you young lads...who have been fooled by Bullshido into thinking Aikido is crud. (If Aikido is crud...its no more than any other art....) Again the Vid is bogus ...Nuff said on that...

How does a challenge go? I DON"T KNOW. I didn't go through with it. My buddy came running across the mat yelling "Nooooo We don't do that! (meaning my way of greeting explaining that is how they seriously issue a challenge ) Judging by the looks the BB's were giving me, it appears that they would have accepted the challenge... Since I was a visitor, I apologized for my ignorance. Who walks into a dojo and challenges people? I've never seen it done. I certainly never had the balls to do it. I've seen bad blood brew when two schools met in a tournament, but random challenges off the street???
LOL... again Bullshido fantasies
Ba-men
Wuji

Previous

Return to Video Links