Short Power Iron Palm breaks and flat on the ground breaks

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Re: Short Power Iron Palm breaks and flat on the ground breaks

Postby Dale Dugas on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:28 pm

thanks brother.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Dale Dugas wrote:My Iron Palm program is set up as follows:

Some tendon strength work before shaking exercises to prepare for internal exercises which are done before standing which is done before tapping the bag with the hands. External liniments are used. More medicine and then more internal exercises after the tapping of the hands. Its mostly internal work with some external in the middle. For those people with previous experience hitting things. I start them on metal shot. For people with soft hands or no experience Ill work them through soybeans, to steel shot.

The foundational program is 2 years. One year twice a day. Next year is once a day. After that you train it when you want to. I train my hands at least 3 times a week sometimes more.

It is part of my routine as it strengthens the hands not only gets them ready for combat.

Thanks Dale.

How much time do you make for training each day on average? How do you rate the relative importance of martial qigong (whether iron palm or gold bell) and the more typical skills practice found in a taiji or bagua class (for instance)?

Edit: I had a misplaced comma. I hate comma errors. Too many people graduate from college without knowing how to write...
Last edited by Bhassler on Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Postby Dale Dugas on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:53 am

I see Iron Palm and Iron Vest or Golden Bell to be needed if you are serious about fighting or using any of your art for self defense or for work as a bodyguard or security work.

My IP training is only about 45 minutes and has standing, qi gong and massage built into the structure of the program.

I no longer train Iron Vest as a serious Baguazhang teacher, Im training my Iron Vest/Iron Body with my Baguazhang training with some minor changes.

Once the foundation is laid you have some skills that come in handy in combat situations.
Dr. Dale Dugas, AP DOM MAOM, Dipl.OM
http://www.daledugas.com
Dale Dugas
Great Old One

Postby Bhassler on Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:58 am

Okay-- no more questions! I wanted to get your take since you seem to be one of the few who practices a comprehensive iron palm/iron vest system as an adjunct to martial arts and openly teaches/discusses it.

Thanks!
What I'm after isn't flexible bodies, but flexible brains.
--Moshe Feldenkrais
Bhassler
Great Old One

Previous

Return to Video Links