Taiwan got Golds in World Game

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Taiwan got Golds in World Game

Postby Overlord on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:06 pm

These two are my favorites....
I dont get it....how come there is not enough coverage from taiwan and why taiwanese didnt carry many flags... :o

Over
Overlord

Re: Taiwan got Golds in World Game

Postby taiwandeutscher on Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:22 am

Yeah, it's a pity. They spent a lot of money and thought of international exposure, down there in Gaoxiong. It's a great stadium, a very interesting place traditional MAwise, but in fact, nobody cared about the world games, in Europe nobody even hearded about at all.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Postby Overlord on Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:53 am

No really, the Taiwanese central government did not give much fund to Kao Hsiung city.
I personally think the game was a success...everyone had good time there..

Over
Overlord

Postby taiwandeutscher on Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:35 am

Yeah, it worked out quite well, even there were lots of doubts during preparation and a clearly missing knowledge of organizing such big events. They have made up all with the reknown Taiwanese hospitality and warmth.
But still, there was no exposure abroad, and I doubt that Gaoxiong major Chen Ju had the necessary insights as to what would create such interntional recognition.
For example: It was too funny when she led a protest on christmas tree cutting down 2 years ago, even I never have seen a real christams tree in 17 years onTaiwan. I wonder what Swedish plantation growers would have to say about it, and I myself was thinking of Pingdong flower plantations. But the pressing pollution problems have not been tackled enough.
hongdaozi
taiwandeutscher
Wuji

Return to Video Links