REQUEST: Wang Yen Nien

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

REQUEST: Wang Yen Nien

Postby ShortFormMike on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:20 pm

why is it i can't find any video of this master when he died in 2008? i read he was hurt badly in '92, but i figured i'd be able to find something of his tuishou or form. Robert Smith sure speaks highly of him in his books.
if it doesn't make sense, it's because I'm "typing" with Swype or using android's voice to text, which is pretty damn good by the way
ShortFormMike
Huajing

Re: REQUEST: Wang Yen Nien

Postby C.J.Wang on Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:30 pm

I've seen video footage of Wang perfoming his Yang family Michuan forms online. It's out there somewhere.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby neijia_boxer on Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:11 am

i have a vid of one of his students george Hu doing the 13 short form wang created.
neijia_boxer

Postby french franck on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:53 am

Since WYN's death a few months ago, a few of his many students have tried to monopolize his legacy with copyrights and trademarks. So a lot of the videos available across the net have disappeared.
On this site (http://www.stillmountain.net/YangjiaMic ... jiquan.htm), select Di Yi Duan [broadband] and you'll be able to see WYN doing the 1st section of his form. This is an extract from a japanese video.
Fortunately the great majority of WYN's students have become better men with his teaching...

"Although there are many different schools of taiji quan being taught, all of them are part of the same unique cultural heritage. They all represent a crystallization of the wisdom of the Chinese ancients, and they should all be studied and passed on. For any one school to be preserved in secrecy is a serious and selfish error, one that will only harm the development of taiji quan and its expansion throughout the world. For this reason, I wish to share openly, with anyone willing to learn, what I have discovered over the past decades." Wang Yen-Nien (1993)
french franck
Santi

Postby Leimeng on Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:40 pm

~ Wang Yen Nien's form was the first full taichi set I learned back in 1992 in Denver. I remember it to be very symetrical set up to repeat the movements in the same sequence in all four directions. I also started to learn push hands and a mantis system from the same teacher.
~ A short while later I had a vehicle accident and was unable to continue studying at that location because I was stationed in Cheyenne, Wyoming which was a 100 mile drive north (two or three times a week). A short few years later I found Hsing I and good Pakua instruction and left that stuff behind. It might be good to learn again though for S&G purposes...
~ Continue to discuss amongst yourselves...

Peace,

Leimeng

Flatulo Ergo Sum ~~~

Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks?

(***Insert Personal One Liner Here***)
Leimeng
Huajing

Return to Video Links