Penang Shaolin

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Penang Shaolin

Postby Dr.Rob on Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Having nothing to lose is the new wealth.

Profitez de la guerre mes enfants, la paix sera terrible.

Si vis pacem, para bellum.
Dr.Rob
Great Old One

Re: Penang Shaolin

Postby Hakkesho on Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:12 am

This is the Penang Saolim atletic association, from the Island of Penang, Malaysia. I practice this southern shaolin quan style since 1995. These guys are all students of Master P'ng Chye Khim (Fang Zai Jing) a very skilled man in Shaolin quan, taiji quan and xingyi quan. You can see him at the end of the vid, he does some applications with his nephew.
The Saolim taught by P'ng Chye Khim is a southern buddhist style that was brought to Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia by a Buddhist monk named Shi Gao Can. This style has many different aspects with a strong emphasis on Luohan quan, some animals and also the Iron shirt and Iron palm, combined with meditation.

It's a traditional school, but in terms of sparring or just fighting, it's rather efficient...

Michael
Hakkesho
Mingjing

Postby Overlord on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:21 am

Solid....dont know if this is from the same school.

Over
Overlord

Postby Hakkesho on Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Nope this is hong quan or hung gar, also a southern style but as the say in Malaysia: Same same but different
Hakkesho
Mingjing

Postby Hakkesho on Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:02 pm

Here is another video to give you an idea of the iron palm, they're breaking big chunks of granite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn7nsU96ceY
Hakkesho
Mingjing

Postby Overlord on Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:59 am

Hakkesho wrote:Nope this is hong quan or hung gar, also a southern style but as the say in Malaysia: Same same but different

ha ha, i remember when i was in singapore, there is this guy with a big mole in one of the ad on the MRT door saying:
Dont play play.....something something, it cracks me up....ha ha..! This English is so cool....
Over
Last edited by Overlord on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Overlord

Postby Hakkesho on Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:38 am

Here is another video with Master P'ng doing a luohan taolu.

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nHCqwFuWdc
Hakkesho
Mingjing

Return to Video Links