alain ngalani

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

alain ngalani

Postby Ian on Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:35 am

it was over before it started.

Ian

Re: alain ngalani

Postby Fubo on Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Yeah, superior strength, superior skill, superior conditioning, superior everything.

One of my old BJJ teachers (a strong purple belt at the time, and 4 dan Judo) grappled with Alain years ago, caught him in a tight arm bar... Alain just lifted my teacher up using the bared arm and slammed him on the mat hard... my teacher was something like 200 lbs. I remember meeting Alian, he is a friggin beast.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby Bill on Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:20 pm

It is almost never a good idea to try to armbar someone larger than yourself.
It hurts when I Pi
Bill
Great Old One

Postby Pandrews1982 on Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Awesome, see the look in his eyes as he comes out of the corner at 0.31 it like his whole spirit is saying "you're seriously trying that shit with me?" he isn't phased one bit.

I'm an internal guy because I'm short, stocky and not particularly fit, I think internal if done well is excellent, and I think if external doen well is excellent too but its not my thing. This I think was somwhere up there approaching excellent, he's a machine look at him! Its definately external but you can't not respect the guy's physicallity, his presence, its not subtle he's putting effort and strength into everything but his intention, his presence, its overwhelming. Great stuff, and much respect for Alain and also the guy that was fighting him. (i wish I had the drive to get as fit as him :))

Nice post Ian thanks
Pandrews1982
Great Old One

Postby Areios on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:18 pm

just wow... he is a monster
Areios
Wuji

Postby Ian on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Pandrews1982 wrote:Awesome, see the look in his eyes as he comes out of the corner at 0.31 it like his whole spirit is saying "you're seriously trying that shit with me?" he isn't phased one bit.

Yeah you can see him Make teh Decision after brushing off that totally ineffective combo. Might as well have been a child slapping him.

Here's another fight which is just painful to watch :D

Ian

Postby C.J.Wang on Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:35 pm

As my Bagua teacher is fond of saying: "Typical weight training produces better results than bad IMA. If you can't find a good IMA teacher, you might as well just go to the gym and hit the weights everyday for power."
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby GrahamB on Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:11 am

Pandrews1982 wrote:Awesome, see the look in his eyes as he comes out of the corner at 0.31 it like his whole spirit is saying "you're seriously trying that shit with me?" he isn't phased one bit.

I'm an internal guy because I'm short, stocky and not particularly fit, I think internal if done well is excellent, and I think if external doen well is excellent too but its not my thing. This I think was somwhere up there approaching excellent, he's a machine look at him! Its definately external but you can't not respect the guy's physicallity, his presence, its not subtle he's putting effort and strength into everything but his intention, his presence, its overwhelming. Great stuff, and much respect for Alain and also the guy that was fighting him. (i wish I had the drive to get as fit as him :))

Nice post Ian thanks

That look he gave at 0.31 reminded me almost completely of your main sparring partner Paul - you know who I mean. He has that same look - like you're food and in his way :). Not quite the same physique, but the same height :D
One does not simply post on RSF.
The Tai Chi Notebook
GrahamB
Great Old One

Return to Video Links