鄧昌成師傅 八卦六十四掌 Master CS Tang Bagua 64 Palm

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

鄧昌成師傅 八卦六十四掌 Master CS Tang Bagua 64 Palm

Postby Bob on Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:12 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unINy6f4 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPnlcX4L ... re=channel

鄧昌成師傅教授高式八卦掌基礎換式之八母掌連環二套, Sifu CS Tang illustrating Changing set of Eight Mother Palms of Gao Bagua Zhang

Bob
Great Old One

Re: 鄧昌成師傅 八卦六十四掌 Master CS Tang Bagua 64 Palm

Postby C.J.Wang on Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:36 am

In recent years, CS Tang has traveled to Tianjin to compare notes with Wu Meng Xia's branch. It seems to have altered the style he learned from Ho Ko-Choi.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby fisherman on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:22 am

In what way?
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby C.J.Wang on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:46 am

power expression and larger forward extending posture.
C.J.Wang
Wuji

Postby fisherman on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:27 am

Agreed. I wonder why it was changed?
I definitely see that there is more emphasis in having the expression of the body being very forward.
fisherman
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:43 am

so cs tang is based in hk and I could be studying under him, but imo his applications seem quite uninspired. as if he's trying to justify the movements when they just don't work for him. am I totally off base with this? anyone have any hands-on experience with the guy?

Ian

Postby Andy_S on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:48 pm

Ian:

Ian:

If taken out of the context, some of those moves are quite nice - the first bagua takedown, for eg. These are two-man IMA forms, so are convoluted and IMHO, contain gold along with dross.

That having been said, CS Tang is a personal CMA storehouse: He has done bagua, Chen and Yang Taiji, Southern PM, and no doubt a load of other stuff. AFAIK he is a martial artist not a fighter - which I think you are looking for.

Speaking of which, the MT scene in HK used to be very good: Kong Fu-tak, who is renowned as a murderously tough trainer (I think he was an early Steve Morris student which could explain a lot) is or was active there. Why not check him out? I suspect that training experience would be a step up from the Systema in terms of combative intensity, though may not be as technically varied as you are used to.
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby Ian on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:25 pm

Andy,

Thanks for the rec.

No I'm not looking for fighters exclusively. I see the point of having someone teach you body mechanics etc. but I just don't trust teachers who have zero fight experience. You end up having to go along with a lot of stuff that's just blatantly wrong.
Ian

Return to Video Links