Xing I spear

A collection of links to internal martial arts videos. Serious martial arts videos ONLY. Joke videos go to Off the Topic.

Xing I spear

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:41 pm

For any one who was there this will help us with our homework
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmXmsh1S ... E&index=38
Thank you Dr. Fish and Master Yang Hai
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Re: Xing I spear

Postby edededed on Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:57 pm

Hmm, interesting, looks kind of similar to bagua spear, in some ways, actually...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby Wanderingdragon on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:14 pm

I would tend to believe that basic excercises would be similar
The point . is absolute
Wanderingdragon
Wuji

Postby Joe L. on Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:21 pm

Hmmm looks a bit different than how I recall it being shown at the seminar, but always interesting to see how things are performed by others. I remember seeing this a while back, but didn't continue to watch this time around after the second one (which I'm guessing is Beng of some sort?).

I'll have to recheck it out after I can review the material a bit more from the seminar and get it further down pat (and more likely after the dvd clips are sent out so I can rehash the material I can't recall by heart at this point) so I don't muddle what we learned and what I see here together.

Thanks for the clip, WD. Cool to see another member who attended the seminar.
"The harder you train, the harder it is to surrender"
Joe L.
Great Old One

Postby Andy_S on Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 pm

Interesting - one can clearly see pi and beng, but what about the other three elements?
Services available:
Pies scoffed. Ales quaffed. Beds shat. Oiks irked. Chavs chinned. Thugs thumped. Sacks split. Arses goosed. Udders ogled. Canines consumed. Sheep shagged.Matrons outraged. Vicars enlightened. PM for rates.
Andy_S
Great Old One

Postby kshurika on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:47 pm

Thanks for posting this WD. I'd seen this before, but I'd forgotten about it. I was at the seminar and I was already losing it. It'll be awhile before we get our DVDs. That's one hell of a long spear he's got. (No quips, please.) I wonder where you get something like that.
kshurika
Wuji

Postby edededed on Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:27 am

Zuan, pao, and heng are there, too, right after pi and beng.

Zuan looks outwardly similar to beng, but look closely...
edededed
Great Old One

Postby neijia_boxer on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:19 am

thanks for sharing the vid.

The tsuan was to similar to beng in that video. Yang hai clearly showed us Tsuan that is very similar to the actual tsuan empty hand movement. Yang hai's spear 'tsuan' makes a downward diagonal angle of the spear to counter a waist high spear thrust or beng strike to one's midsection before a counter attack.
Last edited by neijia_boxer on Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
neijia_boxer

Postby Fubo on Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:11 am

kshurika wrote:Thanks for posting this WD. I'd seen this before, but I'd forgotten about it. I was at the seminar and I was already losing it. It'll be awhile before we get our DVDs. That's one hell of a long spear he's got. (No quips, please.) I wonder where you get something like that.

You could make your own from either the long wood poles or long plummer pipes at Home Depot. You just need to find some kind of weight to attach to the end to replicate the spear head.
Fubo
Wuji

Postby jjy5016 on Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:40 pm

Hello Carlton,

He holds his rear leg the way I was taught, rear knee facing out instead of 45 degrees towards the front.

I was going to ask master Yang about it but didn't get the chance.

The second to last exercise where he's thrusting and switching the hands should prove helpful to the practice. I've added this to my practice since I got home.

small John
"I kew evibady. I squeegee him - like dis. STAND me?"
I'm always careful to lift the seat when IP
jjy5016
Great Old One

Return to Video Links